tonight you're perfect.

Tonight you're perfect

I wanna fall in love with the stars in your eyes

Tonight you're perfect

I wanna fall in love but only for the night

Tonight You're Perfect ~ New Politics

~

Ashton's POV

Battle of the Bands was tonight. To say I was freaking out was an understatement. I had never played drums in front of a crowd before. We were just praying that the music and lyrics we wrote were good enough. 

We were standing behind the stage, along with all of the other bands. Everyone looked far more prepared than us. They seemed to have dressed somewhat nice. Looking at our ripped skinny jeans, t-shirts, and converse; I realized that we seemed quite under-dressed. Oh, well. 

I played nervously with the bracelets that went all the way up my wrists. I couldn't wear long sleeves because, being the drummer, I would sweat my ass off. Luke sensed my nervousness. He grabbed my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. 

"Nervous?" He asked. I nodded, afraid that my voice would fail if I tried to speak. What if I mess up? If I mess up, then I'll ruin the entire thing for all of us.

"Don't be. Just pretend like this is your night to shine. Tonight is your night, Ash. Just cherish tonight. Tonight you're perfect." Luke said, smiling. I smiled back at him, resting my back on his chest while he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I was shocked when I saw Harry come over to us.

"Hey guys." He said, smiling widely. 

"Harry, are you singing?" I asked, shocked. He told me that he had stage fright. I guess he got over it?

"Yeah, he is. I talked him into it." Louis said, coming up behind Harry and putting his arm around him. Harry pouted, crossing his arms.

"I didn't want to, but Louis is a bitch." Harry said, flicking Louis' face. Louis flipped Harry off, grabbing Harry's bum before walking off.

"So are you performing with other people?" Luke asked. Harry nodded.

"Yeah. Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall, and I are singing and we got some other friends of ours to play some instruments." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Cool. I finally get to hear Harry Styles sing. I'm excited." I said, poking his dimple as he smiled. The lights dimmed as it started, so Harry said goodbye and went off to his band. I took a look at the crowd, seeing it was packed. That just made me even more nervous. 

They went from girl bands. to mixed, to boy bands. Luke and I just stayed in our positioned, rocking slowly to the beat of the songs. I didn't hesitate to kiss him when I wanted to anymore. 

"Up next is One Direction." They announced loudly over the speakers. I watched as Harry and the others approached the stage. I got excited, knowing I would finally hear Harry sing. 

"Hi. We're One Direction and we're going to sing a song we wrote called Little Things." Liam said, no hint of nervousness in his voice. This boy comes prepared for everything. There were scattered claps among the crowd that were quickly silenced as the music started.

By the end of it, my mouth was wide open. They were fucking amazing. The applause they received was very loud. It was probably the loudest so far.

Slay, One Direction, slay.

"We have some competition there." I told Luke. He just nodded, still shocked by their performance. I knew Niall, Louis, and Liam could sing, but I had no idea just what Zayn and Harry were capable of. 

"Next up; 5 Seconds of Summer." They announced, and I took a deep breath. We all grabbed our instruments, walking out to the stage. Luke grabbed my wrist before walking out onto the stage.

"Remember, Ash: tonight you're perfect." Luke said, and I smiled and walked onto the stage, completely ready to kill it,

~

Luke and I were sitting on the top of his roof. We had climbed out through the window. Tonight had been exhilarating. Even thought we had gotten second, we still got a louder applause than anyone else, besides One Direction, who had won. 

They ad been talking to some people about winning while we were freaking out. I mean, we got second. That's better than third, and fourth, and fifth, and all the others after that! The point is; we were getting somewhere. Very slowly, but we were. And that's all that mattered.

I laced my fingers with Luke's as we watched the stars up above us. They were so pretty. I smiled, looking over at Luke. I kissed him before saying something.

"Tonight we're perfect."

~