amnesia.

I remember the day you told me you were leaving

I remember the make-up running down your face

And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them

Like every single wish we ever made

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia

And forget about the stupid little things

Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you

And the memories I never can escape

'Cause I'm not fine at all

Amnesia ~ 5 Seconds of Summer

~

Michael's POV

"He's on the edge of breaking, Calum. He needs Ashton."  I said to Calum as I sat down on the couch, trying to get comfortable, but just put my legs down instead of sitting criss-cross. He sat next to me, bringing his legs up to his chest. I was really worried about Luke. 

"So what if Ashton dies?" Calum asked. 

"Then Luke wouldn't be the same anymore. I don't know if he'd die, too, but I think he'd lose all happiness." I answered. He'd be depressed. Luke is really protective over the people he loves. If they leave, part of him does, too. I think if Ashton died, Luke would gain the same habits Ashton had.

"C-can you die from a broken heart?" Calum asked, biting his lip. I could tell he didn't want to know the answer, but at the same time, he did. 

"I think dying from a broken heart would have to be by your own hands.." I answered, realizing something. If Ashton dies, then Luke would, too. I could tell Calum realized it, too.

"Luke wouldn't kill himself, would he?" I didn't know the answer to this. I don't even know if I know Luke anymore.

"He's not the same, Cal. I don't what he'll do anymore." I answered with complete honesty. Calum just looked at me, his eyes filling with tears. He looked down, not even bothering to wipe away the tears that were running down his face.

"Don't cry, love." I said, lifting his chin up with my index finger. I pulled down the sleeves of my sweater, and started wiping away his tears. He just sat there, more tears still coming.

"I-I don't want Luke to die, Mikey. Or Ashton. I don't want a-anyone to die." He spoke after a while. I pulled him close to me. He put his head on my shoulder, and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I don't want them to die, either, Cal. I want to tell you everything will be okay. But if there's one thing I've learned from Luke, it's that we don't know if everything will be okay. We just make promises that aren't promised. So, Cal, I have something else to say. No matter what, just don't lose yourself. Don't forget the people that you cared for. Just remember that it can't stay dark forever, even if it has to be someone else to turn the light on." I told him, tracing random lines and shapes on his back.

"What happened to the Michael Clifford that just talked loads of bullshit?" Calum asked, laughing and wiping tears from his eyes.

"I don't know. Puberty and shit." I answered, laughing. Calum giggled, taking his head off my chest and facing me. I leaned in and kissed him.

~

Calum's POV

I pulled away from Michael's kiss, which was amazing. He always knows how to make me feel better. That's one of the things I love about him.