14.

Too much had been running through my mind. So much that I just stared at the time. I knew where I had to go yet had no idea who was going to meet me there. My thoughts went to Mike but never had been good at poetry but that poem wasn't the best either. I didn't know who else knew about my castle, my humble little hideaway that I kept so quiet about.
4:27 p.m
I sat at the table, tapping my fingers tips, one by one and staring at the clock. Jonathan wouldn't be home till 7:00 maybe a little later and I never really knew moms schedule but I did know she sometimes came home by 9:00. I only hoped Dustin would be hiding and watching out for me. I hoped he wouldn't forget.
4:29 p.m

My stomach turned and I balled my hands into fists, my teeth caught on to my lip and pulled the dry skin off. I tasted the blood and let it be. I was nervous, more nervous than before.
"Should I even go? Should I just stay here and forget all about it?" I thought to myself.
4:30 p.m
"Come on ,Will. Bring a knife just incase" I thought once again yet my legs wouldn't move. I stared at the clock some more, wishing it'd tell me whether to stay home or go. My head said yes but my stomach punched me with a big No. With shaky legs, I got up and walked to the back door. My hand on the door knob yet I was stuck there, staring. I looked back at the clock.
    4:33 p.m
I took a deep breath and opened the door, forcing my legs to push me out the door and out to my humble hideaway. My heart jumped out my chest as the hideaway became closer and closer till I was infront of the curtain.
"Okay...okay. we're here. It's fine. 1...2..3!" I opened the curtain to see Mike sitting there, playing with his watch. His eyes looked into mine and he gave me a small smile. There in front of him was a basket, two plastic clear cups and juice.
"Hey, I thought you weren't going to come" He said quietly. I walked in and sat next to him.
"I didn't want to.. I thought you were some crazed murderer" I chuckled. "What are you doing here?"
He then took a moment to look away then back at me. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I treated you. Sorry for what I said and what I did to you and you know I'd never hurt you but I-" he stopped and sighed. "There is no excuse for what I did and I am so, so sorry ,Will" His eyes were on mine again. I missed him and I couldn't deny that no matter how much I tried. I didn't know what to say. My mind went blank and I just stared. He was obviously nervous. His hands began to makes tight fists than loosen and then again tighten.
"I...I brought your favorite!" He smiled and opened the basket. It was my favorite.To this I gave a small smile.
"Mike?"
"Yes, Will?"
"Why'd you do it?"
"I don't know but I'm really sorry and I've missed you. You're my best friend and I really hope I could make it up to you in any way"
"Yeah" I smiled. "Yeah." And for a second I was silent, staring at his hands then at him.
"You're my bestfriend too"