Part Fifteen

"We're going to Luke's house for a meal. I hope you will be on your best behaviour" my mum said getting up from the sofa and leaving the living room. She just let out a bombshell and walked away like nothing.

I couldn't believe this, I was going to Luke's house after what I did to him. I did not want to go to Luke's house. I didn't want to see Luke and most importantly I didn't want to apologise for something I did when I believe I did the right thing. Yes, slapping him around the face wasn't the best thing to do but it what I did and I don't regret it.

My dad turned to watch the television, so I decided to go upstairs and find something to wear, I didn't really want to go around in my uniform to Luke's house. I might not be keen on Luke but I didn't want him to get the impression that I'm lazy, which I'm not.

I decided to wear black leggings, a baggy top but I didn't care I loved oversized tops, and to wear my brand new white converses, which I quickly changed into. I finished charging my phone, who knows I might need it to get myself out of boredom. I then heard my mum calling me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Y/N, it's time to go now, hurry up" she yelled. Damn, somebody is eager I thought.

I turned my light off and ran downstairs carrying my phone in my hand. My mum and dad were dressed casual and we left the house, my dad locked the door afterwards then we started walking to Luke's house.

"I really don't see why you don't spend time with Luke outside of school, dear. He such a lovely boy," she said. How many times was I going to hear lovely boy be mentioned after Luke's name?

If it wasn't lovely, it was that he was a sweetheart. Luke Hemmings lovely or a sweetheart? I think not.

"As you keep saying, mum," I say walking slowly behind, I wasn't looking forward to this at all. I didn't want to go to Luke's house and the closer we got the more I hated that we were going to his house. When we arrived at Luke's house which didn't take long as it was in the next street, my dad had ringed the doorbell while my mum was holding a bottle of wine, something people do when they go to somebody's house they bring a beverage of some kind.

I think I'll need some of that wine after spending a couple of hours with Luke. The door slowly opened and the person who just happened to open the door had to be Luke of all people.

"Mr and Mrs Y/L/N, it's nice to see you. Come on in." He says moving aside so my parents could walk in which I followed, Luke then shut the door. My sister Angie was at the babysitter's house, lucky her.

"Lovely to see you, Luke. You're turning into a handsome young man" My mum said, making Luke blush. Way to boost his ego mother, way to go. He blushed, Luke blushed at my mother's words. I found it kinder amusing to see Luke Hemmings go red in the face.

"Aw thank you." He says with a smile.

"Luke," My dad said while he shook Luke's hand.

"Good grip on the old handshake, Luke, my boy." My dad said making Luke grin.

"Yes, sir" Luke smiled politely.