Direct Approach

"Kael, have you ever thought about dyeing your hair?"

Kael looked up from working on his homework at his girlfriend with bewilderment. "Not really." He snorted. "What brought this on?" 

"N-nothing," Sachi said playing with a strand of her hair. He set his pencil down. "I thought we would not hide things from each other anymore."

"I'm not." 

"Then tell me what is bothering you," Kael said. He sat up from laying on his bed. "You've been quiet since I picked you up from your house."

"It's just—" 

The images that Sachi saw earlier in McCoy's office flashed again in her mind.

Darkness. An underground station. "Sachi!" A voice yelled in the hollow space.

"What is it, baby?" Kael said. "I'm scared," Sachi said. He closed his book and set it down on the floor. "Come here," he said opening his arms. She climbed into his arms in an embrace.

He motioned for her to turn around and massaged her shoulders. "God, you're so tense."

 "It's this case that I'm helping McCoy with," Sachi said. 

"Can you tell me about it or is this something confidential," Kael said. "I don't think McCoy minds me telling you since it kind of affects us,"  Sachi said. 

"Go on," Kael said intrigued.

Sachi sighed. "The Copycat Killer has been targeting young people with dark hair." She paused for a second before continuing. "We fit in that category."

"Now I get why you asked me about coloring my hair," Kael said swallowing. 

"I think we should dye our hair," Sachi said. 

"What color?" Kael said. "Blue," Sachi replied. "I'll dye my hair blue-green and you'll dye your hair navy blue."

"You're serious about this," Kael said. "I am," Sachi said. "I'm in no hurry to die." 

"But these could be random killings and just a coincidence that they have dark hair," Kael tried to reason. "They're not," Sachi said. "I'm sure of it." 

"Okay, if it makes you feel better, I'll dye my hair," he said. "Thank you," Sachi said turning at an angle capturing his lips in a kiss. "Mmm," he moaned, flicking his tongue in her mouth.

She pulled away and stood up. "Kael, I want to...," 

She stared at the floor blushing. Arching his brow, he smiled. "What do you want to do?" he teased watching her face turn an even brighter shade of red. "You know what I want to do," she said. "Do you still have them?" 

"They're in my drawer," Kael said.

He got up and turned on his stereo turning up the volume. "This is risky," he said. "My parents are downstairs." "Then we'll just have to make sure that they won't hear us," Sachi said.

She walked over to him, grabbed his face, and kissed him surprising him with her brazenness. It didn't take long for him to reciprocate as he kissed her back tangling his fingers through her hair.

Moments later, their clothes scattered about on the floor, they slid beneath the covers. "Crap," Kael exclaimed. He threw off the blanket, ran to his drawer nearly tripping over his book on the floor on the way, and grabbed a few condoms.

Giggling, Sachi watched as he scampered back over to the bed and dived under the blankets. Time and thoughts of The Copycat Killer were forgotten as the two lovers did what lovers do.