Chapter 17 ~ Interrupted

~ Three and a half months later ~

"Jesus Christ Elijah, get Rudy off of me!" I laughed petting the small kitten.

"She's not mine! I'm not in charge of her!" Elijah chuckled and picked her up off my chest. He got onto the bed with me and put the small kitten on his stomach. "There." I smiled at him and rolled onto my side to face him. I took in his handsome facial features as much as I could until I remembered a question I was going to ask him.

"Are you ever going to take down the box-fort in the other room?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Now why would I do that? People live in there!" He placed a hand over his heart and put on a somewhat, 'serious' face.

"Ya, a skeleton and it's kid." I chuckled.

"I believe you mean Mr. Bones and his son." I chuckled and slapped his arm playfully. This is what I enjoy. I enjoy little moments like this, that I can hold onto for as long as I want. Four months full of memories I never want to lose. "Hey, I've been thinking,"

Shit.

'I've been thinking.' Three words no one likes. Three words that could tear someone apart. Three words that could make you happy. Three words that could change you for the better or the worse.

I sucked in a sharp breath and gulped, "Ya?" I braced myself and took deep steady breaths ready to be let down or over run with joy.

"We've been moved in for a while now and you still have a room to yourself and uh, I was wondering if you'd like to m-move into m-mine wi-with me?" He stuttered out. I gawked at him in confusion before snapping my mouth shut.

OK, not what I expected

"Really? Elijah, I'd love to but, is there enough room for my stuff in here?" I released the breath I'd been holding and looked around the decent sized room.

"Well I mean we could always move stuff around." Elijah shrugged and smiled.

"OK then! I guess I'm moving in!"

~ One Week Later ~

"Ugh." I groan plopping the giant box full of clothes onto the ground. "I didn't think clothes could be so freaking heavy!" I cried out kicking the box then moving toward Elijah.

"That's the last of it?" He asked, snaking an arm around my waist.

"Yup" I huffed out looking around the room. It still had Elijah's things in it, they were just mixed with mine and I had already put the majority of my clothes on my side of the closet. "Actually, there's something I forgot!"

I quickly dashed out of the room into my old one and scanned the room before my eyes landed on the small picture frame that was neatly placed on my old night stand. I walked over to it and picked up the wooden frame grinning at the picture inside. It was a picture of Elijah and I, it was taken on a date we had not to long ago of us just sitting on the grass smiling wide and laughing at one of our corny jokes. I chuckled to myself and took the picture into Elijah and I's shared room.

"OK, I got it!" Elijah walked over to me and glanced at the picture, smiling wide he put it right on my night stand.

"I still don't know how you got that picture taken without me knowing." He laughed.

"I had Ava come with us to get pictures. She showed me this one and I loved it." I confessed, he smiled once more brought me into a hug. I hugged back my arms lacing around his neck as his hands found my waist. We stood there for a while, foreheads touching and just taking in the joy of each others presence. Elijah then decided he didn't just want to hug, he pulled me in closer and placed his lips onto mine. I gladly kissed back, the kiss getting deeper with every breath. That is, until we were interrupted

"Hey love birds, dinner is ready. And don't worry I wont tell Ethan!" Elijah and I jumped apart as Cody laughed down the hallway. Both of our faces were a dark shade of red as we made our way down the stairs.

Dammit Cody.