Chapter 1

Dallas, Texas. April 15

I am so tired of being single. I've never had a boyfriend or somebody that I've had deep feelings for. The last guy I was talking to, Devin only wanted to get in my pants so I had to cut him off.

It's Sunday and it's time for me to go to church. I walk in and I see my friend Jesse.

Jesse was 6'3. He was dark skinned and was hella buff. He didn't have a six pack or anything. He just had really big arm muscles. He had these big lips that went with his face.

Jesse knew Devin so I filled him in on what happened and he wasn't in shock.

"I knew he was like that. I never said anything to you cause it wasn't my business." Jesse said.

I looked at him upside his head.

"Uhh yea it was cause you're one of my closest friends, hell you my day 1! You should've told me so I wouldn't have been walkin around here lookin stupid!" I snapped back.

"Oh well I'm sorry" he said sincerely.

"It's all good Jay" I said dryly.

I called Jesse "Jay" sometimes because his name started with a "J".

"Alright now leave me alone I'm trying to go to sleep before church" Jesse said turning his back to me.

I rolled my eyes, laughed and said "Bye Jay. See you in church!"

After church, Jesse, our friends Xavier and Nallah were talking. The topic of the broken chair came up and Jesse kept trying to blame it on me so I got mad and walked away from them. As I was walking away he started following me.

"No no I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm just playing" Jesse said as he started hugging me from behind.

When he did that, it felt different because he never hugged me from behind before. We went to go sit in the room and talk.

"You know since you and Devin don't talk anymore maybe that'll give us a chance to be together" Jesse said seriously.

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Jesse quit playing with me" I said laughing it off.

"I'm not playing I'm serious. So what I need to do is, get your number." He grabbed a paper plate and a crayon.

His mom took his phone during church so he couldn't put it in his phone immediately.

"So what's your number?" He said getting his crayon ready.

I replied saying "my number is 2149350808."

He wrote my number down and put it in his pocket. His mom came in and told him it was time for him to go and we stood up to hug each other. While we were hugging, he smelled so good and he gave the best hugs.

"I don't wanna leave you" Jesse whined.

"Aww! It's okay! Just text me okay?" I said letting go of him and looking at him.

He nodded his head and walked away.

While I was riding in the car he texted me and he was saying how he wanted to make love to me and for me to be his girl. I wasn't so sure about making love because I'm still a virgin. We texted until he said he was getting ready to go to a party.

The next morning I woke up to a text from him saying "Look it's not you it's me I can't be with you anymore. I'm sorry." My heart sank. Here I go again..