Chapter 11 ~ Lost Helmet

Training was over for the day and school for the week. It was the weekend and you had made it!

But you had something you wanted to do before you left. Approaching Mr Aizawa he looked down at you with his emotionless dead eyes... creepy.

"You still haven't found it?" He grumbled tiredly.

"I will!" You say determined.

Sighing he rolled his eyes. "Fine. But if you can't find it today you need to give it up. We can replace it."

Nodding you start off for the fire area.

When you reached the collapsed building form your first day here you climb through the rubble scanning the ground. You'd done this almost every day after school now. But you needed to find it today! Mr Aizawa had sounded serious when he'd told you to give it up after this.
Finding the spot you thought might of been close to where you fell you began pushing large pieces of rubble aside breathing heavily.

"What are you doing wimp?"

Surprised you turn to see Bakugo walking towards you through the rubble.

"Bakugo." You say.

Stepping back you stumble a bit on the ruble Bakugo flinching to grab you before you caught yourself.

"Tch! Idiot." He breaths shoving his hands deep in his pockets. He seemed... angry... more so than usual. 

"Wha-... Why are you here?" You ask.

Scowling Bakugo raised his upper lip annoyed, "That's what I just asked you."

"... Looking for my helmet." You finally said.

Bakugo didn't say anything only glared down at you like he wanted to call you something but couldn't think of anything.

Did he want more of an explanation?

Shrugging you continued, "My dad gave it to me so it's important to-"

"You really P*** me off!" He said abruptly.

What the?... had he come out here just to pick a fight with you? What had you even done?

"Your d*** quirk!" He added.

"... Ok. It's better than yours. But I'm busy right now Bakugo." You admit turning back to continue digging through the rubble.

Grabbing your shoulder Bakugo turned you back around glaring straight into your eyes.

"B****! Listen to me!" He growled.

Yanking away you scowl. "I don't have time for this Bakugo." You say again.

"SHUT UP!" He exploded. "YOU KNOW YOU ARE A WASTE OF TIME!!! YOU P*** ME OFF!" Bakugo said kicking a large piece of ruble.

"WASTE OF-!!! THAT'S RICH COMING FROM A GUY WHO SPENDS ALL THIS TIME BLAMING HIS SHORT COMING ON OTHERS!" You snap back.

"WHAAAAAT?" Bakugo growled raising his lip even higher in his usual ugly scary face.

"YOU HEARD ME POTATO FACE!" You yell.

"D*** IT! WIMP I CAN'T STAND YOU! EVERY-"

Gritting your teeth you raise your hand and smack Bakugo as hard as you can across the face.

"SHUT UP!" You yell. "JUST SHUT UP! I GET IT!"

Turning you quickly make your way out of the rubble fighting back tears.

A waste of time! Is that what he really thought! Well It didn't matter! It didn't! He didn't matter!

~~~~~~

By the time you got to your apartment you had stopped crying and when dad called later that night you were fine. Though you couldn't bring yourself to admit you had lost your helmet. Hanging up the phone you took a deep breath rubbing your face. That had been a stupid thing to cry over thinking back on it.

Perphase it had just been too overwhelming.

... You had kind of thought you and Bakugo were becoming pretty close friends... or something like that... But you must of been reading him wrong.

Standing you shook your head. You had other friends!

So what if Bakugo thought you were a waste of time?!

He thought that about most everybody! In fact! He said worse things about Deku and he was amazing!

Walking into your small kitchen you opened the fridge for a late night snack. Tomorrow was kyoka's late night! That meant you had to wash your nice pair of sweats tonight.