The Artist - °Nerd!Edd X Jock!Reader°

Requested by: InkiaPlayZ

********************

Your POV:

"Y/N, you're gonna miss!" Someone called out. You threw the basketball towards the hoop and made a near-perfect shot. You were practicing for your big game in two days, and you decided that the school's gym would be a good place to practice. Some assholes followed you into the gym and tried to taunt you, but it didn't faze you. "Dude, shut up. You're messing my shots up." You said coldly, dribbling the ball across the room and making another shot.

"If you want to fight, come over here and fight me." You added. You didn't get a reply, which was much better of a response than you expected. You continued playing until the bell rang, signaling that you had to go back to class. You tossed the basketball and grabbed your duffle bag, swinging it onto your shoulder and running out of the gym. You ran down a few more halls until you reached the Algebra classroom.

"Ugh, I hate this class... this high school..." You mumbled to yourself, pushing through a group of students to enter the room. You found a random seat in front of Tord, the most annoying teen you've ever met. "Hello, darling~." "Fuck off double-toothpick." You turned to your side and saw a boy in a green hoodie. He shyly looked away from you and fiddled with his hoodie strings. You shrugged your shoulders and looked away, not wanting to bother him.

You heard Tord huff, but you tried to focus on the teacher. She was sitting at her personal desk, shuffling papers. After a while longer of staring at her, she stood up and passed the papers out to everyone in the room. "Alright class, let's get started! Today is scientific notation!" The teacher announced, overly enthusiastic about a math topic. You spaced out while the teacher continued to ramble on and on, peeking at the boy next to you every now and then.

You really didn't want to be here, not at the moment. You heard something from the boy next to you, so you looked at him. He was drawing something onto a paper, some cartoon characters or something. His drawing skills impressed you, so you kept watching. You heard Tord snicker and whisper to his friends.

"Y/N has a crush on the dweeb, don't you agree?" You turned to face Tord and frowned. "You should stop talking shit before I bash your shiny, white teeth in." You warned quietly. "How about you work on your math homework, asshat?" Tord countered, smirking. "Same to you, fuck boy." You sassed, looking away from Tord and looking back at the artist.

He was oblivious to you and Tord's arguing, and he sketched a butterfly. "What a bitch." Tord commented, scribbling on his homework. You tapped the silent boy's shoulder and he flinched harshly. "Sorry, I was just... going to tell you that your drawings look cool." You spoke, giving the boy a small smile. The boy looked at you and smiled back.

"Th-thank you... Y/N." The boy responded. "How do you know my name?" You asked. "Well, you're the top girl basketball player of the school..." "Oh, that makes sense. What's your name?" "My name i-is Edd. I thought that you would be a lot more... mean." "Nah, that's just a stereotype. Prince-y boy back here follows that sterotype well." You pointed back at Tord and chuckled. Tord scoffed and Edd tried not to laugh.

You nearly forgot about the teacher, who was busy writing something onto the white board in the front of the room. You didn't understand the equation she wrote, which slightly upset you. How are you supposed to pass this class? You looked at your homework and wrote random numbers on it. She just cares if you did it, not if you got it right. She lectured the class until the bell rang again.

"Well, I hope we can chat again soon." You told Edd, handing him a slip of paper and speed-walking out of the classroom. You wished that you could've stayed to see his reaction to when he found your phone number on the paper. You giggled to yourself and went into your next class of the day.