WTFuture - °Tom X Tord°

UwU

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

Tord's POV:

I sat at my desk, waiting for Tom to return from his mission. It was pretty easy to get him here, and maybe even get him on my side? I fixed his eyes, tended to other wounds from when I beat him up with my 'Giant Robot'. I'll never tell him, but I think that his 'visors' are actually kinda... cute. I heard a quiet knock on the door to my office. "Come in." I announced, sitting up in my seat. I tried to look as emotionless as possible. The door opened slowly, and Tom entered.

"Ah, hello Thomas. Did you fetch the files that I needed?" I greeted. Tom tensed up when I said 'Thomas', but he regained his composure. He trudged up to my desk and set a green folder down. "Yes, Red Leader s-sir..." He muttered. I opened the folder and Tom walked to the door. Before he could open it, I spoke up. "Don't leave yet. Have a seat." Tom turned to look at me, but he just nodded. He looked around for a chair, which he found in the corner of the room. I took the papers out of the folder and looked them over. Edd's 'rebel army' can be so stupid.

After a bit of studying, I put the papers back into the folder. I set the folder aside and glanced at Tom. His feet were tapping on the tile, which started getting annoying. "Tom, are you ready? I'm just going to tell you a few things." I said. Tom nodded and scooted his chair in front of my desk.

"Tom, you've been working very well here. You've even done things that are... anti-rebel. Why did you do those things? Do you not care about Edd or Matt?" I questioned, folding my arms on my desk. Tom paused, looking... guilty? His visor showed that his eyes were looking away from mine. "Tor- Red Leader, I just... I'm not sure how to say it..." Tom came into eye-to-eye contact with me. "We're... friends, right?" Tom inquired, making my eye widen. "Wh-what?!" I practically yelled, standing up from my seat. "Oh, I'm sorry!" Tom stood up and backed away from me.

"No, no... Thomas... I'm not mad." I assured, sitting back down. Tom inched back to his chair. "I just- why would you- how could you feel that way? About me? Didn't I... kinda... ruin your life? Kidnap you? Are you drunk right now, or are you just fucking with my head?" I asked, combing my fingers through my caramel-colored hair. "Tord... I'm not messing around..." I nearly jumped when I heard my own name.

"I know that you did all of that... rubbish. But... I've seen who you really are. Through the insults, the acting, through how mean you are sometimes... you secretly care. You just... always... try to look tough." Tom's words sank into my head, but slowly. They were too much for me to handle. "Tom... where did you dig that up?" I questioned, adding a chuckle. Tom simply tilted his head and sighed, looking right through my lies. Where did he learn how to do that?! "Tord, c'mon."

I slammed my fists on the table, making Tom squeak. "I'm not that person anymore... I'm the Red Leader, for fuck's sakes!" I yelled, tearing up. There was a long silence, and I looked to check on Tom. He seemed scared, and I felt horrible. I let the tears fall from my eyes, and I felt someone embrace me.

"Tom... why?" I choked out, moving closer to his warmth. His hand stroked my hair as I weeped. I hid my face on his shirt, and I could hear his heart beating. I took deep breaths to calm myself down, and I soon stopped crying. I realized what I was doing, and I got out of Tom's arms. "Don't pity me." I said coldly, wiping my eye. Tom silently went back to his chair and sat down. I heard a knock on the door... not the best time to knock.

"Come in." I said, sitting up. If only I didn't look like I just cried. The door opened, and Paul came into the room. He noticed my red eye and awkwardly glanced at Tom. "What do you need." I inquired, causing Paul to stare at me. "U-uh... me and a few of the other soldiers wanted to get permission to spy on the rebels, Red Leader sir." Paul explained, his bent cigarette dangling from the side of his mouth. He and Tom exchanged awkward looks.

"Sure thing, Paul. Just... don't get yourselves into trouble like last time." I ordered. "Sir, yes sir." Paul replied, swiftly exiting the room. I brought my focus on Tom. "Thomas, I... yes, we're friends. I feel... strange. For some reason, I care about you so deeply." I told him, spinning my chair to face away from him.

"Tom, you're the only one that's close to me. Thank you. You're dismissed for the rest of the day, so... go out and have fun. Here." I dug 50 pounds out of my pocket and stood from my seat. I went up to Tom and gave him the money. "Be careful if you leave the base. If you do, have a good time." I warned. Tom smiled and stood up in front of me. "I knew it, you softy." Tom teased. I smirked and ruffled Tom's hair. "Tord, no!" Tom started fixing his hair back into it's pointy-pineapple-look.

"Heh, you're cute." I decided, looking away to hide my blush. An awkward silence arose, making me blush even more. "Uhm, yeah, I'm going to the shooting range. I'll see you later." I told him, quickly leaving the room.