Chapter 1: Helpless

'no no no no this can't be possible! There has to be a mistake or something! It can't be true! it just can't! I'm too young, I have all my whole life ahead of me!' Is all that was going through my head.

The results caught me off guard. It felt like a punch to the gut. I felt a sharp pain stinging through my whole body.. I later had a felt nauseating feeling at the pit of my stomach. That was later topped with an anxious feeling that sent chills through my whole body. the room soon felt as if it was closing down on me, my heart felt as if it was gonna pop out my chest! I felt like i was gonna burst out along with all the emotions that were bottled up in me! Am I having a panic attack!?

I snapped out of it when I felt tight grips on my arms and legs. Then I started to hear my moms voice screaming in an anxious and worried voice

"Leslie! Snap out of it honey! Its okay! Calm down pleasee" her voice cracked a bit

I stop kicking and shuffling in the seat that the nurses were holding me down on. I begin to relax and look at my mom who had tears in her eyes then to my dad who was next to me. His hand cupping me face, his thumb rubbing the tears off my cheeks.

"Are you okay Leslie?" The doctor asked at me worriedly

"How am I feeling? Oh just peachy! I just found out I have cancer somewhere in my throat and your asking me if I'm okay?" I fake chuckled looking at him with my eyebrows nudged up

"Leslie!" My mother said nudging me

"And can everyone get off and back up please?!" I say shuffling in my seat signaling everyone to get their hands off of me

"We'll maybe if you calmed down and listened.." a nurse said under her breath expecting me not to hear

I angrily get up and walk out of the room, down the hallway and made my way outside. I walk down the road a little. The hospital was in the middle of who knows where. It was surrounded by a mile of trees in every direction.

I just start to walk in any random direction. I just look around, desperate for a loving hug that would assure me everything would be okay.

I soon collapse down on my knees and start sobbing into my hands. A few screams came out here and there.

I felt alone. Helpless.