10. Party Time

When Khushi, Arshi, and Soniya arrived, the place was filled with photographers, reporters, and paparazzi. Arshi began to cry from the heat and Khushi had Soniya take her inside, while she talked to a reporter.

Once she was done talking, she made her way in.

“Name,” the guy at the front asked, list in hand.

“Khushi Kumari Gupta."

The guy looked at the list, flipped a page, scanned it, and then said “full name.”

Khushi sighed. “Khushi Kumari Gupta…”

The guy looked at her.

“…Singh Raizada.”

He nodded his head and she went in. Little did she know that Arnav was also invited, and he had just heard her. To hear her still say Singh Raizada at the end of her name made him feel something unusual. Good, but unusual.

He made his way in and the place was huge. There were so many people, talking away. Good thing the place was air conditioned and it was nice and cool.

Khushi talked to some familiar faces, not having slightest clue that Arnav was around…. Yeah right! Khushi felt something, his presence,to be exact, but she ignored it. Tonight, she planned to not think of Arnav once.

Soniya held Arshi’s hand and talked to an old client. Arshi was getting really bored. She put her pointer finger in her mouth and looked for her mom. Poor thing was too little though, so she couldn’t see far. But she did see one person – Arnav.

Like Khusi, Arshi too was really clever. She looked up at Soniya and saw that she was very glued into her conversation. Arshi carefully slipped her hand out and she went to Arnav, slipping between peoples legs.

As she went towards him, Arnav got a call from Anjali.

“Excuse me,” he said to the person he was talking to and he walked outside to the back garden. “Yeah Di,” he said into his phone, “yeah…alright Di, don’t worry. Okay? …bye.” He turned and was about to hang up when he saw Arshi.

She smiled and she ran-wobbled over to him. Arnav bent down to pick her up and he looked at her, both surprised and shocked.

“Arshi? What are you doing here?”

He had a confused look on his face and Arshi mimicked him. He smiled and she smiled as well, and she put her arms around his neck and hugged him.

He went down the steps and Arnav felt a weird feeling course through him. Good, but weird. It was as if Khushi was hugging him.

What the?

Arshi let go and looked him in the eye and Arnav looked back.

It’s like as if… as if I'm... I’m looking at… myself?