28. Solace

Arnav finished his work earlier than expected and decided to go home. Arshi was still asleep, so he packed everything up, carefully picked her up, and had Aman bring some things to his car. On the drive home, Arnav would glance back at Arshi every time he was at a red light. His baby girl was still asleep, looking very peaceful.

The moment Arnav arrived to Shantivaan, his phone rang, causing Arshi to stir. Arnav quickly took the call and got out of the car.

"What," he hissed into the phone.

"Excuse me?"

Arnav shut his eyes and sighed. In his rush, he hadn't even checked to see who had called and hadn't seen that it was Khushi calling. "Sorry."

"Thought so, now where is my baby."

"Sleeping and she would have woken up if I didn't quickly answer your call."

"Oh... okay. How is she?"

Arnav scoffed lightly. "She's fine. Why what did you think?"

"Nothing," and Arnav knew she was rolling her eyes. "Listen, I might have some time so I might be able to drop by-"

"No you won't," Arnav heard Soniya exclaim in the background.

"Yes I will," Khushi shouted back to her.

Arnav shook his head, trying to contain his humor. "If you can, great, it won't be an issue."

"Of course not; I have every right to see my daughter," Khushi frowned.

"Touche," Arnav simply replied, making Khushi feel awkward.

For a moment, neither said anything. It wasn't until Arnav heard Arshi grunt that he turned back to her. Arshi moved a bit and was beginning to wake up. He opened the door, unbuckled her, and picked her up.

"Rise and shine," Arnav said softly.

"She woke up," Arnav heard Khushi say.

"Yeah, slowly."

"Don't forget to feed her. If you have yogurt, that's fine too."

"Okay, anything else?"

Before Khushi could say anything else, Arshi grunted.

"Da," Arshi groaned.

Arnav couldn't help but to smile. "Rise and shine Arshi."

Arshi nuzzled his shoulder and buried her face in his neck.

"Khushi," Arnav heard Soniya hollering in the background.

Arnav scrunched his eyebrows. "Khushi where are you and why is she yelling?"

"I'm in the bathroom, in the middle of an important meeting," Khushi replied.

"Well go back to it. We're both fine over here, stop fretting."

Khushi sighed. "I just miss my babies- er- baby."

Arnav grinned mischievously. "Your babies huh?"

"I said baby."

"Nope."

"Yes, I did," she stuttered.

"No, you said babies."

"Well you're out of your mind if you think-"

"Khushi," Soniya hissed, "get back out there!"

"Fine," Khushi yelled, which Arshi heard and recoiled to and groaned. Even Arnav had to move his phone from his ear due to how loud she was.

"Take care of my baby Arnav or I swear-"