34. Taken

"Yes Sir, the contract has been made and all that is left is for them to sign... yes Sir... okay Sir."

Aman put his phone down and looked at the files before him. With the fashion show they had tomorrow, he knew his boss was too busy with that, so he would have to help keep other things on track.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in," he said without looking up.

The person came forward and he looked up to see Anjali. Immediately, he got out of his chair and stood up.

"What are you doing here?"

Anjali came closer and Aman realized that she had been crying. Going around his desk, he went over to her and held her face.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Anjali didn't say anything and continued to look at him.

"Anjali what's wrong? Did something happen? Where's Pari? Why-?"

Before he finish his sentence, Anjali kissed him. Aman was shocked, but he didn't let that cloud his mind, and he kissed her back. He had been waiting for this moment for a long time. In fact, he had been wanting this ever since he had first met her.

Anjali pulled back and looked into his eyes. "Please tell me it's not too late."

Aman shook his head. "I'd wait for you forever."

Anjali began to cry again and she hugged Aman. "I'm sorry! I really am!"

"Hush, it's okay," Aman soothed, running his hand through her hair.

"But it isn't," she said looking up at him. "Chote and Khushiji aren't together because of me."

Aman scrunched his eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Anjali told him everything and he was shocked.

"It's all my fault, and I tried to fix things, but I couldn't," she sobbed.

Aman hugged her again as she continued to cry. "It's not your problem to fix, that's why."

"But-"

"It wasn't your words that hurt her, Anjali. It was your brother's words that did. He's the one who has to fix this, and only he can."

"But will he be able to," she asked, looking up at him.

He held her closer to him. "I hope so."

*~*

Arnav and Arshi were both upstairs in his room, playing. Both were so glued into each other that they had no idea that they would be separated in just a matter of moments.

The bell rang, and when Hari Prakash opened the door, Khushi came storming in. Nani, Mami, Akash, and Payal were in the living room and stood up when they saw Khushi.

"Where is she," Khushi asked immediately.

"Upstairs with Chote, but Khushi betiyan-"

Khushi didn't wait for Nani to finish her sentence and headed upstairs. She went to his room and threw doors open, causing Arnav and Arshi to look up at her.

"Amm," Arshi cheered.

"Khushi-?"

Khushi didn't wait for Arnav to finish and grabbed Arshi's bag. She stuffed all of her toys and belongings inside. Arnav stood up with Arshi in his arms.

"Khushi what are you doing?"

Khushi didn't listen and looked around for more of Arshi's belongings. Arshi looked at her mother confusedly, and so did Arnav. Khushi found the last of Arshi's stuff and went to Arshi.

"Khushi-"

"Arshi, let's go."

"No," the little one piped up.

"Arshi, I said it's time to go."

"No," Arshi yelled again.

"Arshi!"

Arshi's lips quivered and she began to cry.

"What the hell Khushi," Arnav yelled, shaking Arshi to stop her from crying.

Instead of listening to him, Khushi snatched her out of his arms, and Arshi wailed louder.

"Khushi please-"

"Don't you dare Arnav Singh Raizada!"

Khushi picked up Arshi's bag and walked out of the room.

"Khushi!"

Arnav followed after her as Khushi went down the hall and down the stairs. Arshi continued to cry and she fussed in her mother's arms.

"Khushi!"

Everyone looked up and saw Khushi rushing out.

"Khushi," Payal called out, "please don't do this."

But she ignored her sister and walked towards the door.

"Khushi," Arnav called out. "Khushi, please don't take her away from me," he begged.

Khushi paused. Arnav Singh Raizada never begged. Yet here he was, begging for his daughter. However Khushi only thought of the bet, and if this was his way of convincing her to stay, then he was sadly mistaken. Khushi looked down at her wailing daughter and walked out of the house while Arshi reached back, wailing and wanting to go to her father.