35. Retribution

Khushi looked around the suite one more time. All of their items were packed up and in their suitcases and they were to be put it in the car. Once the show was over, they would leave for the airport - rather than come back to their suite - and would go back to New York.

Khushi looked at Arshi, who was sleeping. Ever since she had brought her back from Arnav's, her daughter wasn't the same. She only cried and wanted her Da, and would fall asleep from crying. It hurt Khushi to see her baby girl like this, but she had no other choice.

Khushi got ready, wearing a formal but comfortable black catsuit and a light pink blazer, her hair up in a bun. This fashion show was important and she meant serious business, which meant having a serious, business look.

Soniya prepared everything while Khushi picked up Arshi and placed her in her car seat. She took some of the bags and picked up the car seat by its handle, while Soniya handed some bags to the bell boy to bring them down to their car. Once everything was packed and loaded, Khushi finished the formalities and they drove to the show. Guests were beginning to pour in and the media was everywhere. Different networks and media outlets interviewed her and Khushi gave some insight. Just as Khushi was about to go in, Arnav arrived. He wore a black suit, white button down, and a light pink tie. The instant he had arrived, however, their eyes had connected. The two had known they were near each other, as the racing beats of their hearts notified them of the other's presence.

Only Khushi had tried to ignore it.

The paparazzi buzzed as their cameras clicked and the flashes went off, throwing questions at them. Arnav walked forward, not really caring for the pictures, and went towards Khushi. Khushi wanted to go away, however she couldn't get herself to do it and stood in place. Arnav reached her and all she could do was look up at him since her breath had been taken away by him.

Truth be told, a part of her wanted to attack him and pummel him to the ground. The other part wanted to attack him and ride him delirious in front of all of these people.

Not that she would ever admit to it.

The people chirped, asking them for a picture of the two. So like the professionals they were, Arnav and Khushi turned to the crowd and let them click away. Arnav placed his hand around Khushi's back, sending shivers up Khushi's spine.

"How did you know I was wearing pink," Khushi asked to forget about the familiar feeling.

"I didn't. Something within me just told me to go for the pink tie."

"Oh really? Since when did you get in touch with your spiritual side?"

Arnav only grinned, focusing on the cameras. "Where's Arshi?"

"Where she should be."

"Don't play games with me Khushi," he said through his teeth while maintaining his smile.

"I'm not," she forced a smile.

Khushi removed herself from Arnav and went inside. Arnav followed suit and greeted their guests and partners. Everyone was excited for these two labels to come together, besides the fact of the drama it would create.

Eventually, everyone took their seats, Arnav taking his spot on the stage to host the show while Khushi headed backstage to work on the models. As the girls lined up, Khushi made sure of every last detail, fixing hair where it was necessary and draping clothes another way. Here and there she fixed things up and soon the show began. While the models walked the catwalk gracefully and the crowd did it's oh's and ah's, backstage remained hectic, Khushi throwing fabric in the air, tossing aside hairspray bottles and much more with Soni's help. Look after look was completed, model after model going out to take the stage. In the end, Khushi had her showstopper ready and she took the stage to end the show. The crowd cheered and hollered and Arnav came forth. He announced Khushi as the brain behind it all and Khushi joined them on stage. Again the crowd cheered and Khushi waved out to the audience, thanking them all.