30. Possession

Before another one of Mami's songs played from her playlist, Arnav took the girls upstairs, who were laughing at the scowl on his face. All the while, Khushi shook her head as she followed behind them.

Arnav got to his room and set the girls down on the bed. Arshi's toys were already there and the two began to play. Khushi watched as her daughter played with her cousin.

"Now that's much better," Khushi heard Arnav say.

Khushi rolled her eyes. "Oh will you relax. It's perfectly fine!"

"It is not! My daughter is not some random dancer!"

"She can always learn."

Arnav gasped. "She will not!"

Khushi scowled. "Arnav, you're being ridiculous!"

"I am not. Reasonable yes, ridiculous no."

Khushi scoffed. "Reasonable? How is that reasonable?"

"Because I won't have my daughter shaking her hips to random strangers!"

"Oh that's just ridiculous! There is nothing wrong with dancing!"

"Yes there is!"

"Oh yeah? Says the one who danced with me it Jiji's sangeet right?"

Arnav opened his mouth but then shut it.

"Oh, and let's not forget holi," Khushi smiled sweetly, knowing that she had him.

"That's totally different."

Khushi threw her hands up in the air. "How?"

"Because it is!"

"How does that justify anything?"

"It-"

Arnav stopped and looked at his daughter and niece. Both were staring at them with their heads tilted. Khushi looked at them too and saw their expression. The two may be little, but both Arnav and Khushi knew that the two infants thought that they were weird.

"You're still ridiculous," Khushi said.

Arnav gaped at her. "Unbelievable."

Now Khushi gaped at him. "How?"

"You're crazy, that's why."

"I am not!"

"Yes Khushi, you are. That's been established since the day I met you."

"Why you-"

Arnav didn't bother to let her finish and went back to the girls. He began to play with them, leaving Khushi fuming.

What does he think of himself?!

However, Khushi didn't remain angry for long. Once again seeing Arnav as such a fatherly figure changed her mood, once again doing things to her. He was absolutely perfect with them, playing with them, as well as loving them.

I'm really losing it, but damn it, it's sexy!

Khushi bit her lip, unable to help herself.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Everyone looked up to see Anjali.

"Hi Khushiji," she smiled.

"Hi Di," and the two hugged.

Anjali looked at the two girls. "How are my two ladies?"

"Ma," Pari exclaimed.

Anjali smiled and joined them as her daughter showed her one of Arshi's toys. Pari shifted her focus to Arshi and the two babbled again, leaving the adults confused as to what they were saying.