31. Rage

Khushi leaned back, her eyes filled with hurt. It was visible to Arnav and he sat up immediately, taking her face in his hand.

"Khushi-"

"Why would you say that," Khushi asked, her eyes filling with tears.

"Baby-"

"No, you can't call me that," Khushi said, pushing his hand away as she looked away.

"Khushi, I didn't mean it like that," Arnav said softly.

Khushi looked back at him. "Oh? How else did you mean it? Because it sure did hurt!"

Arnav tilted his head. "It hurt," he asked softly.

Khushi scoffed. "Yes! It did!"

Arnav smiled faintly. "But I thought you didn't care."

Khushi's widened.

"You said that you hated me."

At that moment, Khushi's clouded mind cleared and the sun shined brightly. The bet came running into her mind, tattooing itself onto her brain. In that moment, she remembered and realized her mistake.

"Oh my gosh," Khushi breathed.

Khushi looked down at his length, which was now limp, and then back at Arnav. "What the hell did I just do?"

Before Arnav could say anything, Khushi jumped off of him and covered her face. Unfortunately, she remembered what she had just done with her hands and felt disgusted of herself. She immediately went rushing into the bathroom to wash her hands, tears spilling as she did. Arnav fixed himself up and got up, when Khushi came out. She tried to dash towards the door, but Arnav caught her and pulled her to him.

"Arnav let me go," she cried.

"No. I told you, I never will."

"Arnav please-"

"No Khushi, stop it! Why are you lying to yourself?"

Khushi's eyes met his, filled with anger. "Are you seriously asking that question? Or do you not remember what you did to me Arnav Singh Raizada?"

"Khushi-"

"I gave myself to you. I trusted you. I loved you. And what did you do in return?"

Arnav looked down, remembering exactly what he had done.

"After everything I had done for you! I risked myself to save you, and that was the thanks I got?!"

Arnav couldn't meet her eyes.

"Because of you, I had to leave my home. I couldn't even face my family! I was homeless! I had to piece my life back together while knocked up!!!"

Arnav shut his eyes from the guilt.

"But yet after everything, my heart wouldn't give you up. It wanted you more than anything! But every time I'd remember what you did? What you said to me?" Khushi scoffed. "And you're asking me why I lie to myself?!"

Khushi threw his hands off of her, which was very easily done from his loose grip.

"I spoke to Mr. Khana and the director of the show last night," Khushi continued.

This caught Arnav's attention and he looked back up at her.

"I'm having them push the show forward."

Arnav's eyes widened. "What," he breathed.

"The show is in two days. Once it's over, Arshi and I will go back home."