Chapter [1] Opportunities

"Ah, (Y/N)! Welcome." Said one of the higher-ranking Myth-Hunters. Your supervisor to be exact. He beckoned you into his office. Skeptical, you walked in from the hallway.

"Please. Sit. Sit!" He said. He sat down at his desk and waited for you to sit. You hesitantly made your way to the chair facing his desk. Sitting down, he pulled a couple files on his desk which made you curious. Is this why he had called me in?

The files were neatly organized and had the names of Myths paper clipped onto the top corner of the pages.

You couldn't see them clearly but you were itching to.

"Now since most of the high-ranking myth hunters are going on vacation, I've trusted you and a few others to take over their left over work until they come back." He said as he slid the files in your direction.

Hesitantly, you slowly picked up the files and were astonished at the names.

AloneTraveler...Masqueraze...SaintDas... and a lot more...these are all left over investigations?!? What do high-ranks investigate normally?!?

"Y-You mean I get to interview these myths?" You asked. "Mhm. Just a temporary job until the members come back from vacation. You'll be getting a raise though." He said with a small chuckle.

You didn't care about the raise, the job you have been dreaming for was being given to you! Only temporary though, but that was enough time for you to prove to your supervisor that you were worthy of becoming a high-rank! "T-T-Thank you s-sir!" You said with a smile.

"No problem. You've been a great employee to this facility. It's getting late now though. You better go home. You are dismissed."

"H-Have a good night sir!" You said getting up with files in hand. You left the office and made your way downstairs to were the low-rank lockers were held. You got your backpack and locked your locker. You headed up back upstairs and locked the office you shared with another low-rank. She left early though.

In every myth-facility within the world of Robloxia there were high ranks and low ranks, they are different ranks that specified how long they've been with the facility and what they specialize in.

There were trainees who are new to a certain facility, the newbies. They are sometimes partnered up with a lead investigator or lead researcher depending on what activities they want to participate in. The lead investigator teaches the trainee on investigative activities, how to pick up on certain information or if they ever happen to come across a myth what they should ask them, if they should befriend them and whatnot. The lead researcher teaches the trainee on how to research and store lore or information, if separate myths are in the same universe and most importantly how to decode certain things. The investigators and researchers mostly partner up as well with the investigators going into certain worlds, picking up information and then giving it to the researcher for further analysis, maybe if a certain thing were to be decoded the investigator would go back and see if it effected anything, you know, myth-hunting stuff. There are lead-prodigies who are in the waits of becoming a lead investigator or researcher. Then there are the lead ranks (investigators and researchers but I've literally said those two words for a while now I'm getting tired of it lmao - A/N) who sometimes host a group myth-hunt. They can also command the investigators or researchers to investigate a certain myth for a while. Then there's the Supervisors, who graduated from being a lead rank. They work with the council and the Experts and command the lower-ranking members. Then there's the Experts who have been working at the facility for a while and have been a great asset in finding out the endings to some myth-story lines. They're like veterans. They can sometimes even influence the way the council does their strategies. The council are trusted members of the owner who come together several times a month to discuss the progress they've made into certain myths, who the members should start investigating, who they should stop investigating, and just discuss the progress the facility is making. Then there's the co-owner(s) and owner(s) who very often visit the members (at least in yours.)

That's basically the run down on your current job, and right now you are an investigator. You were given the job a couple months back after you worked for a year here as a trainee.

The facility was quiet and nothing but the sounds of the monitors beeping around you made the almost empty facility not feel as empty.

The after-hour guards were monitoring the outside of the facility, as soon as you got out the cold air seemed to be more violent as you felt it prick at your nose. You wished the after-hour guards a goodnight and went home.

Your apartment was warm and cozy, you dropped your things onto your couch and locked your door and checked to see if your windows were shut.

The wind had began to pick up and rattled your windows. But you were too tired to care. It was almost midnight.

You turned off the lights and practically knocked out onto your warm bed without changing out of your work clothes.

Tomorrow, you would have a new job.

Even if it were temporary.

Or so you thought.

[hhhHh I'm sorry if this was b o r I n g, next chapter features AloneTraveler uwuUwuw and Selozar uwuUwuwy wohooaAa, aaa im sorry lmao please read my story I'm lonely]