Chapter [3] The Districts

[hellO THere boys n gals n nonbinary people. I suddenly got the sudden urge to write and you know how rARE THOSE ARE HAHhahahah... am i right, lmao -e n d m e- ahHAH anywAYS-

I will be using some of the info we gained from that podcast interview Mizu, Void and Lofilia did with Alone and Selozar in this chapter and the next! There might be some spoilers,, maYBE,, so if you havent caught up on the new info I would recommend you go see it. Anyways, please enjoy!

-- Stream.]

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I shifted awkwardly in my seat as I thought about what questions to ask first. I had come back before Alone and Selozar could, and when they walked into the room Selozar had a small bruise on his cheek. I felt bad but said nothing due to me being a coward. I sent a sympathetic glance to Selozar, he noticed and his eyes seemed to light up for a moment.

"So uh..." I began.

Alone Traveler seemed impatient, "Go on."

"Uleanra...I-I...I noticed he wasn't here with you two." I said making sure to note their facial expressions, Selozar seemed to grow sadder at the mention of his missing friend. Alone had a crazy glint in his eyes but remained monotone. "He...passed away. Unfortunately."

Of course.

That was what most of the facility had guessed, but we actually had no actual proof to back up the claim.

"I'm so sorry for your loss..." I said, I grew a bit more sad to find out that my suspicions were proven correct. Even so, this was a major topic my supervisor pressured me into looking into. "May I ask...how he passed?" I questioned. Selozar seemed eager to speak but Alone Traveler sent a glare his way. I gave the red eyed man an odd look, he looked back to me but ignored it.

"He committed suicide."

Oh.

"Why...why did he...?" I asked. I looked to Alone, he remained silent though, for a while too. It seemed he didn't want to answer the question. I sat there for a while, thoughts racing in my head.

"God, I'm such a lousy investigator..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Selozar was forced upstairs and Alone invited me outside. I followed him in silence as we made our way to an area I was unfamiliar with. It was densely populated with forest trees, and as we walked further I could see the ruins of concrete and other materials. A white light blinded me, making me shut my eyes in reflex. I placed a hand over my eye and continued to shut them until the white light seemed to fade. Once I opened my eyes again I was met with sky mixed with yellow, blue, grey and white.

But, the worst headache ever began to form and I could still feel as if the white light was blinding me, 'it was as if a super bright camera had blinded me', is the only way to describe it.

I looked to Alone Traveler, who seemed completely unfazed as he looked towards the towers around us.

And speaking of towers, I immediately recognized this place.

I could make out the tall, dark towers that scattered across the land. We appeared to be on one of the tallest ones that towered high among the others. I squinted downward and saw what Alone labeled "Meat Jesus" and many, many more statues that looked like it.

It was "The Districts."

The warm sun was beginning to set in this world but Alone still remained silent.

The headache only seemed to get worse but I sighed and decided to press Alone for more answers, "Did...did Uleanra really kill himself...?" I asked in a calm voice as to not disturb my headache. Alone turned to me, "He did." He said. He had a genuine feel to him. "Do you miss him?" I questioned once more.

He remained silent for a while before shrugging.

"Why did you bring me here?" My eyes were curious, a soft breeze began to pick up making my hair flutter a bit. "Why not?" He shrugged. "Can I ask you a question?" He asked. I lifted my head to give a questioning glance to Alone Traveler. He remained serious though. "Sure...go ahead." I responded.

"Why?"

I gazed at him with a questioning look, "What do you mean 'why'?"

"Why become a 'myth hunter'?"

I thought for a moment. Why did I become a myth hunter? I remained silent for a while as Alone had done with me, now I questioned if Alone had simply remained silent before because he was thinking for the correct things to say and not just because he didn't want to answer my questions.

"I became a myth hunter because...myth's had caught my interest. I had grown up loving mysteries and solving them was an even bigger plus. Myth's are just more complex mysteries I guess. Like...you...?" I said.

"Like me?"

"You're just..." I took a pause, not wanting to miss-word anything, "We know partial amounts of your backstory, and yet you're still a complete mystery." I gazed at Alone for a while before I looked away, flustered, as I realized he had been staring back. He had a glint in his eye of an emotion I couldn't make out. My stomach had fluttered for whatever reason, my face began to grow red.

"Oh man, my head is killing me, you think we can go back now?" I asked, still looking away. Alone said nothing as he indirectly told me to follow him.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

[heyyyYY hoped you liked this chapter. I attempted to make like a bonding moment sort of but like, I suck at romance so uh-- yeaaaaaah...it's kind of hard to write Alone's personality in a 'loving' or 'caring' way cause his character is portrayed to be sort of an ass and I want to make the reader's interactions with the myths semi-realistic and idk what Alone would do in this situation lmao I suck at writing hhh

-- Stream]