Friend

It's 2003 and Gary is in his room, laying on his comfy bed. He used his flip phone to play some games.

They were in a apartment. Gary closed his flip phone and sets it down on his desk. He gets up and looks through his window to see it's raining. It was cloudy and Gary changed into his outside clothes. He wears a plain black hoodie and jeans.

He empties his backpack and puts other things in it including his phone and another hoodie.

It was Monday and due to the weather, there was no school today. Gary decides to make himself some bagels with cream cheese. He gets the bag of bagels out of the cabinets and the cream cheese from the fridge. Gary's parents wasn't at home, they were at work.

Gary throws two bagels in the toaster and when it was done he spreads the cream cheese on it and eats one. Gary grabs the other and walks out of the apartment room. He looks at the room next to his and knocks. It was answered. "Hey Pete, are your parents home?" Gary asks peeking behind Pete.

"They are both sleeping. Why?" Pete says. "Oh, I just want to see if we could hang out since there is no school." Gary explains. Pete thinks about it. He glances back at his dad on the couch sleeping and looks at Gary in the eyes. "Well, they don't really want me to leave the room." Pete says.

Gary scoffs.
"Come on, don't you wanna have fun?" he tells Pete.
"Fine... hope it's worth it."
"I even got you a bagel." Gary hands the bagel.
"Oh, that's for me?" Pete glares at it.
"Yeah.......... are you gonna grab it What???

Pete eats his bagel and they both walk inside the elevator. They waited. "Wait, isn't it raining? I forgot to bring a jacket or at least an umbrella." Pete whines afterwards. "Uhh, hold on." Gary takes off his backpack and sets it on the ground. He digs into his backpack. He pulls out a plain gray hoodie and looks at it for a while.

Gary puts it over his shoulder, zips his backpack, and puts the backpack on. "Luckily I got another one." Gary gives it to Pete. "I think an umbrella is better but eh." Pete puts it on. "Wow, ungrateful." Gary jokes, nudging Pete.

The elevator door opens and they got out. They put the hoodies over their head. "Dammit! We look ridiculous." Pete complains. "Stop complaining. I like the rain." Gary says holding Pete's hand. He basically dragged Pete to like a park. It had a playground.

There was shading so the playground didn't get wet or anything. They sat on the swings and talked for a while.

"How's 6th grade Pete?" Gary asks swinging. Pete just sat there. He looks at Pete. "So?"

"6th grade is fine, I guess. Yesterday sucked." Pete says. "How so?" Gary asks. "I had one of those panic attacks again during English." Pete tells him.

"Oh. Everyone was watching? Mm ok." Gary swings again. "Your in 8th grade right? What do you do?" Pete asks.

"Let's see, yesterday I was in the locker rooms in gym class and literally this one guy kept staring at my body. He's probably gay." Gary says. "What are you, homophobic or something like that?" Pete responds. "Nah I'm not against gays or lesbians. I think lesbian couples are hot." Gary answers.

They talked about school for a while. "After I'm done with middle school, I'm gonna go to this one school called Bullworth Academy. What about you?" Gary asks Pete. "I'm not sure, I just started middle school so I don't really need to know yet." Pete says.

They got off the swings. Gary and Pete realized it stopped raining. They walk to a table and chairs. They sat down and Gary looks through his bag. He pulls out a small box of something. Pete was sitting across from Gary. Gary opens the box. "What is it?" Pete asks trying to look what's in Gary's hand. Gary hid it under the table.

"I'll tell you if you promise you don't tell anyone in our school and don't tell my parents or yours." Gary tells Pete. "Ok,ok. What is it?" Pete gets excited for some reason. Gary shows Pete the Box. Pete's face went from happy to concerned. "Um, aren't you 13 Gary? Is this legal?" Pete asks.

"Sure it is. I heard that E Cigarettes are safer." Gary says pulling one out the box. "Want to try it out?" Gary hands him one. Pete shakes his head and pushes his hand away. "I have asthma."

"Asthma? Good think vaping doesn't give you asthma attacks, right?" Gary smiles. Pete does a quick eye roll. "Okay..? I just don't wanna do anything related to that." Pete replies. Gary shrugs and inhales it. He exhales it out. Pete furrows his eyebrows at Gary.

"I heard 4th graders use e cigarettes too." Gary adds. "Nice to hear.. Lets put that away and walk back to the apartments so I won't get in trouble and you too." Pete tells him. "Fine. Let's return." Gary responds.

They walk back to the apartments and went to the elevators. "Can you give me my hoodie back?" Gary asks. Pete takes it off and puts it in Gary's backpack. Pete took a peek in there while doing so. He quickly grabbed something and zipped the backpack up. "Okay thanks. See you at school tomorrow." Gary says going out the elevator.

Pete looked at the e cigarettes that he snatched from the bag and tossed it in the nearest trash without Gary noticing. They walked down the halls together and to their rooms. They didn't get caught or anything. Gary then went to his room and empty his backpack. He couldn't find the vape anywhere. He scratches his head and shrugs.

Pete knew it was best to not let Gary vape at the age of 13. E cigarettes are as bad as regular cigarettes so don't try it.

(Hello, hi. Hope you liked it. I don't know what to say...)