16

When we got back in the carriage I let out a sigh as we arrived once more at the compound. I wanted to see how long this could continue. Even Big sister Yan stayed as we walked further into the compound. I noticed Wu's most loyal servant up ahead. So I sneakily moved to behind Master's wheel chair. This did not go unnoticed by anyone. But Wu was distracted by his servant.

"Lord Wu. Why is your face painted?" Wu raised a brow as he asked for his servant bring a mirror. He looked back at us confusedly. "He cannot be right. Right? I mean none of you said anything." When the servant arrived and gave Wu the mirror, a look of horror came on his face he was left speechless. I couldn't hold back anymore as I started to laugh. Big sister Yan gave up second and we howled as we held onto each other as we couldn't continue. I felt the tears prick my eyes as I kept laughing. I heard Big sister Yan howl out "I can't breathe! This is too good!" When I wiped away my tears I stared at a furious Wu. 

"That was what my guard meant!" His eyes fell on me. "LIN! I'M GOING TO SPANK YOU SO HARD YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SIT FOR A MONTH!" He seethed as he ran up to me. I squeaked as ran behind Master to use him as a meat shield. Wu jumped over Master and chased me throughout the compound. When I returned to Master's side I could not find Wu. I relaxed till some grabbed me by the collar and lifted me up. I tried to escape as I felt the sting on my butt. Wu really did spank me. When he finished I went up to Master. "Wuwu. Master... Tiger prays on the weak. Save me Master. Wuwuwu."

"Weak my mother! I should spank you till your bottom turns red! You made me go out in public looking like an idiot." I sniffled as I ran up to Big sister Yan. I hugged her and pouted as I looked at Wu. He looked aghast as he placed a hand on his chest. "Your spoiling the child Yan! Look what you've taught her! You should be ashamed of yourself."

Big sister Yan rolled her eyes as she rubbed the top of my head. Master still had not said anything. But I went stiff momentarily. I broke out of Big sister's hold and ran up to Master. I felt my nerves on edge as I gripped the back of Master's wheelchair. I knew that the compound was under attack, but that did not stop me from wanting to be close to Master. Everyone noted my attitude. I felt Master's questioning gaze as I looked around the compound. Then I saw movement around the trees. I grabbed a guards sword and imbued it will a bit of my magic. I noticed a flicker of metal that flew in front of me. With the sword I deflected it, a thwang resounded as I took notice of the arrow. I stood in front of Master. I noticed from the corner of my eye that Wu grabbed Yan and ran inside.

I threw Master the sword while I grabbed him and ran into the compound. I felt something immediately pierce my calf which made me stagger but didn't stop me as I made it safely to the office. Once I closed the door I slumped against the door. Wu, Big sister Yan and Master looked at me with a dark look. I felt the sword that I gave Master against my throat. "Who are you?" I touched the tip of the sword and pushed it away from my throat slightly. "I'm Lin. I'm your slave Master." My neck shrunk as I the blade got closer to my throat. When I tried to scramble away I felt the intensity of the pain of leg triple. When I looked down to see the arrow pierce cleanly through my flesh I hissed out a loud "Fuck."

Master wasn't done questioning me yet, not caring for my injuries. "How did you know that they were going to attack me?" I groaned. How was I suppose to extricate myself out of this. Oh I know. "Because I put a magical stone in your compound!" Master pulled the sword away slightly to let me finish explaining. "I put the magical stone to know if you were in danger. The stone sent me a message that the compound was under attack. That was what made me go stiff. I acted unconsciously as I got close to you. I knew there was a possibility that they knew where you were so I made sure you were safe. I deflected the arrow by a fluke! I don't even know how to wield a sword." My words got more and more quiet as I finished the phrase.

Wu came up to me and pulled the arrow out of my calf. I screamed at the pain. "Fuck's sake Tiger! Give me a warning next time. I could've died you bastard!" Wu cleaned my wound and bandaged it quietly before patting me on the head. Master had retreated to talk with both Wu and Big sister Yan.  I was laying against the heavy door when I smelt smoke. I let my senses go out to see people burning everywhere in the compound. I felt my magic start to rampage. My breathing felt rushed and forced as I placed my head in my hands as I chanted. "I will live." This caught their attention as I rocked my body to calm down my magic. 

Subconsciously I had always feared fire, but I never knew why. It was a trauma that I could not remember. As though it had been completely removed from my memory. "Master, we need to leave. Now." Master looked at me momentarily. "Why should I believe you?" I was pissed and fearful. "Forgive me Master, Wu, Big sister Yan." I moved like lightning as I knocked out Wu and Yan. Master looked at me with patient eyes. "Don't worry Master. I'll keep you all safe. But I can't let you know what I really am yet." I knocked him out and with my magic made a tunnel underground. I put Yan on top of Master and carried Wu on my back by imbuing my muscles with more strength. I carried them through the tunnel and popped out near the back side of the forest. Once  we got out a large group surrounded us. I put Wu with Master and Yan, before getting the earth to seal around them. 

They let in a gulp of air and then murmered "Mage." I sneered and used the earth kill everyone around me. I only left one alive as I grabbed one of the assassins. "Who hired you?" He sneered before he killed himself. I dropped his body and made sure they were all dead. I scanned quickly and killed more people who were hiding nearby to make sure no trace was left behind. I then removed the earth and put Wu to lie against Master's wheelchair on one side and put Big sister Yan on the other side. I then used my magic to interfere with their memories. Instead of me knocking them out a few guards came in and Wu opened the secret passage. They passed out from the fumes as they were leaving.

I felt large globules of sweat slide down my forehead as I lied down in the earth. I looked up at the bright blue sky as a breeze passed by. Whoever was after Master, was someone that had a lot of resources and money.