6

---- Lin's POV ----

Master looked at me with a frown of her own. She seemed to be thinking about what she was about to say. "Is this what truly happened?" I nodded, that was a lie. I could not tell her the crucial piece of the story. What had actually happened when I was knocked unconscious. That would put my life in danger. 

"Why is Master so interested in this calamity of a story?" I saw the sadness and anger in her eyes. She looked slightly angry as she looked at me, but said nothing. 

"Merchant Ze was my eldest son, he died in that calamity by a mage. They found his body was that of a stone statue with his manhood castrated. When people from my Zhao compound went to collect the body it turned to dust, so we buried my son with no body except what little dirt they could collect from his original body."

I sneered in my heart. How small this world truly is. The victims mother is standing in front of his killer without even knowing. How ironic. When she dies I'll tell her so she will never be able to truly rest calmly. I gave her a sad smile as I looked at her. The room fell into a gloomy sadness, neither one of us had anything to say so we sat in the silence. Soon a knock came at the door shaking away the gloom as a voice sounded through the door. "Milady the guests are starting to appear, you must be there to greet them with eldest miss."

"I'm on my way now." Master stood up and left the room without giving me any instructions so I replayed the truth of that gruesome scene in my head. It felt so vivid as I watched patiently. I had lost myself to madness and anger and with my magic lashed out at the bandits. Earth rumbled underneath me as pillars drove hole into the bandits. I sneered as they died in an instant.

Merchant Ze looked terrified as he tried to escape. I used the blood of the bandits to wrap around Ze's legs and dragged him back to me. I slashed at his pants, grabbing his mandhood in my hands I took  a dagger that was lying around and castrated the man. I grabbed the dead thing and shoved it down his throat.

He start to choke on it as I also stuffed dirt down his throat. When he died he turned into a stone statue and I cursed the object, that if anyone touched the statue it would immediately crumble. I had no compassion for the family, Ze didn't even deserve a proper burial, even less reincarnated. So I devoured his soul. The girls looked at me frighteningly. Some had fled, but most had stayed. "Mage please kill me. I have enough of this life. Let me reincarnate and be happy." I gave the girl a smile as I touched her forehead as a lily bloomed out and she had a smile as she lied down and became one with the earth. Other girls took notice and asked the same. I asked them to follow me into the forest. I found the most remote area where nothing appeared as I asked them to lay down. They did as they were told and soon they died, I created a majestic garden atop this isolate place and bowed before returning to the path.

My killing intent and magic had spread out all over the library, I quickly retracted it and left. When I arrived at the banquet I silently stood behind Master as she talked animately at other women, everyone fell into my eyes but nothing peaked my interest. Until I noticed a small party, I saw the old mage who had placed the seal on me. His eyes lit up a bit before giving me a small smile, being happy that I was not seen as a mage but rather a slave. The man who held the mage held a set of chains that was connected to the old mage. These chains frightened me as I noticed how it was able to chain a mage to become like a human. That was certainly magically restrictive chains, I had never seen them before, but they were the stuff of legends. Anyone who owned them would be able to force anything into submission, even mages.

Soon the man who held the mage forced him to do magic. It seemed like the old man would not live past today. So as he did magic, some of it went to his throat where a piece of the magic became like a razor and ended the man's life. A lot of women screeched and fainted while the men looked disgruntled but they were certainly feeling nausea from the bloody scene. The old man's soul appeared in front of me. "Little one, now that I have died my seal will break on you. However if you devour my soul you will have knowledge about all the magic I've learned."
I gave the man a complicated look and he immediately understood. If I ate his soul he would no longer be able to reincarnate. Seeing the conflict he let out a sigh and white smoke traveled into my body. The white smoke made its way to my mind and imprinted a few things inside." This will help you learn the basics and will hold the seal after you turn 12. Once the seal is broken you'll be able to hide your magic on your own and practice the things I given you. Live long my child, the world needs someone like you."
I gave the man a small smile because the world did not need killers like me as he floated into the air and dissipated into the heavens to be reincarnated. I shook my head disappointedly at the old mage's comments. Looking at the chaotic scene before me, I noticed Master had not said a word but quickly left. I followed after her until she stopped in the hallway. "Lin, why are you following me?" I noticed a killing intent rising in Master. So I bowed
"I will not disturb Master until you call upon me." I quickly left and made my way to my room where I got out of my clothing and slept in my undergarments.