1

Long ago, in a time before this one. Magic was very prevalent and a part of constant life. It bloomed and every one relied on this magic to complete the most simplistic of tasks. Without magic they were nothing. However one day the non-magical people grew tired of being looked down upon for their lack of magic. They were called the cursed. They were just regular humans with nothing but their minds and physical strength. Most were known as the second class. Where mages ruled the high and the humans ruled what was left. They saw the mages who controlled the elements and others as oppresors. The mages were people who should not exist. The man who forged for the destruction of the mages was named Bo Chen. He was a prideful man who did not how to bow down to mages but lead the rebellion and extermination of the ages. Something that would bleed into history. A story so dark the mages hid away for their lives fearing that they would be caught. They hid in cities, towns or secluded in the mountains and forests of the continent. Bo Chen was furious that he could not defeat all of the mages and spent all his life searching for the last mages. It was very easy for him to determine when a mage was born by the way the sky was bathed in a soft yellow light and balance was all there was. Bo Chen killed multiple children for the sake of his cause. The terror caused by his acts caused the mages to use their magic to protect their children by sealing forever their magic, or abandoning the children quickly afterwards in random places with their magic sealed for a small amount of time. By the time that Bo Chen died of old age it's was stated that all mages had been exterminated. This history brings us to Lin. A mage abandoned into slavery. With what little wit she has to try and survive in the cruel world of today.