Chapter 17

9/11/2014

                                                              Chapter 17 Not Edited 

$Elijah$ 

I sat at my desk thinking about the call i just got off of. Niem from the auto body shop had called to tell me that not only was it totaled but someone had cut the brake line on the truck. Some one had tried to kill us, but who would do that? Who would benefit from me dying? I stood to my feet and thought about Mya. Was she safe? Would they come after her to? Is my baby safe? I pulled out my cell and dialed her number, but got no answer. 

"Everything cool?" Big E knocked on my door, he had his arm in sling it broke from when the airbag deployed.

I shook my head no. "Niem called someone had cut brake line on the truck, someone tried to kill us."

"Who?" Big E stepped in my office closing the door behind him.

"I don't know, but i plan to find out."

"Have you been having any problems?" 

"No, just this shit with Simon and Mya." 

"Have you checked the security footage from the parking lot?" 

"No just got the news before you came in. I'm scarred E, what if they try to get my mom or Mya next?"

"They won't get a chance." He stood pulling out his cell to make a call. Big E gave me a nod before leaving my office. E used to be a prison guard were my mom was held, but after a year he decided it wasn't for him. He meet me when Mya and I went to visit my mom and i hired him to be my body guard. My phone rang and saw Mya's picture on the screen, i felt relieved and annoyed that she didn't answer when i called her.

"Mya."

"Hey, you called?"  

I could hear noise in the back ground. "Where are you?" 

"I came to an art gala with Lily. What's wrong? You sound worried." 

I let out a deep breath she was in a public place with her sister. At least no one would try to hurt her in public. "Are you having fun?" 

"Kind've, i put on one of my dresses and noticed the extra package sticking out front. I'm getting fat." She laughed. "And i keep eating all of the horderves."

"Well you are eating for two." I relaxed back in my office chair, listening to her sexy voice. "I bet you still look good."

"Trust me, i look like i'm stuffed in this dress."  

"Send me a picture." 

"No, i don't want you making fun of me."  she laughed 

"Come on please. I promise i won't." I really wanted to see her, I wanted to place my hand on her stomach and feel my baby. 

"Ok, is everything alright with you?

"Everything is going to be ok." I looked up and saw Big E coming in the office with a dvd in his hand, it must be the security footage. "My i gotta go we'll talk later and don't forget to send me that picture." We hung up and i waited for E  to scan through the footage. My phone beeped and I saw Mya posing, looking sexy as ever. "Sexy."  I text her back. 

"Whatever lol." She replied. 

"I'm serious, have fun don't over do it." 

Big E paused the tape, than pressed play as a figure walked up to the truck, they had on gloves and a hoodie so i couldn't tell if it was a male or female. We watched as they crawled under the truck and a minute later crawl out. They ran out of the lot, so we could see if the got in another car.