October 17: Don't poke the Bear

We've been walking for hours now, my feet have started to bleed.

          "You really need to learn to narrate your life silently, and it's only been twenty minutes," Michael said, laughing at me. I glare at him, but it only makes him laugh more.

          "Where are we even going?" I ask, annoyed. We introduced ourselves about ten minutes ago, Michael got tired of me calling him random names, so here we are.

          "We've got to go to the secret lair." He says, smirking. I roll my eyes as my stomach growls, a reminder of the fallen heroes. My snacks and lady stuff lay on a cold, dirty ground with police surrounding them.

          "Shouldn't the police be after us?" I ask, now panicking.

          "I've got that covered," Michael says, chuckling before throwing his arm over my shoulder. I push him away, causing him to laugh.

          "Can we get food? I'm starving." I say, holding my stomach. He shrugs, looking at his phone.

          "Why not? I've got time," he says, putting his phone back in his pocket. I do the only logical thing to do to someone when they have a phone and we're on the run.

          I kick him in the shin.

          "What the hell?!" He screams, holding his shin.

          "You could have called an uber, you uneducated breadcrumb!" I yell, snatching his phone from his pocket. He grabs it from my hands, glaring at me before unlocking his phone. After a few minutes, he begins to walk again.

          "There! You freaking demon." He says, looking down at his shin. I smirk before asking how long until it gets here. I'm ignored.

          After a few more minutes, a car pulls up beside us.

          "Anyone call for an uber?" The man says, looking directly at Michael. Michael smiles devilishly before opening the door, gesturing for me to get in. I get in, buckling my seat belt as Michael gets in next to me.

          "Where to?" The man asks, handing Michael a bag. It was from a nearby sandwich shop. Oh, yes. As Michael gives the driver the address, I attempt to get the bag but Michael's grip is too tight.

          "Not yet, we don't want to get crumbs on the nice man's seats." He says, leaning back and throwing his arm around my shoulders. I elbow him in the chest, causing the driver to laugh.

          Twenty minutes later, we pull up to a fancy building. Instead of just driving up the entrance, the driver parks the car. I shrug it off, he's probably just taking a break. Jumping out, Michael stays in the car, paying the driver before getting out.

          "Come with me if you want your food." He says, holding them up. I glare at him and begin to follow him.

          "I don't exactly have a choice, I'm wanted by the police," I say, rolling my eyes. He just smiles before skipping inside with my freaking sandwiches. I groan before jogging in after him. He doesn't bother stopping at the desk, but instead, goes straight to the elevator. I shrug it off, following him in. It's when he presses the highest floor's button is when I begin to freak out.

          "Oh hell no," I say, clicking the first floor's button repeatedly. Michael laughs before moving my hand.

          "You're going to break it." He says, smiling down at me. I flick him off and go back to clicking. The doors slide open, Michael dragging me out. I argue, but he doesn't listen. We pass a few doors before he finds the one he's searching for. Sliding the key in, he unlocks the door and immediately pushes me in, making me stumble into the enormous penthouse.