━ 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

15. ℜ𝔢𝔭𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔦𝔞 | ❝ Wolfsbane Vapor ❞

The rave was in full swing and I was swaying with strangers on the dance floor

The rave was in full swing and I was swaying with strangers on the dance floor. To not cause suspicion with guests in case the killer was there, I showed up without my brother and Scott. Stiles had to swing by Scott's to pick him up anyway.

I couldn't understand the music but it shook through my body and echoed through my ears.

My eyes closed as I swayed with a random guy on the floor. He was around my age but not someone I recognized. It didn't matter, I was just having a good time.

I caught a familiar scent over the smells of the sweating bodies around me and I turned my head to scan the crowd.

Off the dance floor, I saw Scott standing there and Allison approached him, which was curious since he told me she had a fake date with another teenager in order to fool her parents.

I started to make my way over when I saw that the conversation was intense but then I bumped into someone on the dance floor.

"Oh, I am so sorry," I apologized over the loud music, turning to the person I bumped into.

He was a teenager and slightly shorter than I was. He had dark curly-ish hair and was wearing a faux leather jacket.

"Sarah? Wow, hi, I didn't think I'd see you here, didn't think it was your scene."

I tilted my head and furrowed my eyebrows at his use of my name but I had no idea who he was.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" I asked him over the music. Some part of me had an inkling that I did know him but I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

My lack of recognition of him made him falter for a moment before he shoved his hands into his pockets. "You, uh...You don't recognize me?"

I pursed my lips and crossed my arms loosely over my chest as I studied him.

Something clicked but it felt like there was more to him than I could remember.

"Wait, don't you play for Beacon Hills? You're on the team with my brother, Stiles," I smiled at him softly.

He seemed disheartened by my answer, maybe even a little mad, but he quickly smiled and nodded his head, "Yeah. Yeah, I do. I've seen you at the games and Jackson told me who you were."

I tilted my head again because the conversation was getting curiouser—Jackson usually was a douche to everyone but his posse. Was this kid part of that posse?

"Sarah, can you hear me? If you can, meet me out back. The Argents are here."

I smiled down at the kid and took a step back. "Well, it was nice to meet you," I called over the music, "but I'm just gonna step outside for some fresh air. The smoke machines and all that."