Prologue

Camp Pendleton, Southern California.

In Camp Pendleton, marines are training. They're all training really hard. They've all gotten word about the zombie infection. So far, only some of the states in the United States are infected. Now, the government is sending the marines in to clear out the zombies along with the Navy Seals, Air Force, and Army. They even got word that Japan is also infected too. The U.S. President and Japanese President both gave word to each other, and let the U.S. Marines assist in Japan. And now, the marines are getting ready for combat. They load up their gears, and weapons. They put on their helmets, and pack up their ammo. A young Japanese man who is 18 years old is standing with a whole platoon of marines. He inhales as he talks in his mind.

Man: (In mind) We come into this world with our eyes closed. And most of us choose to live our whole lives that way. We blindly follow anyone who will lead us...giving ourselves over to anything that provides us with a sense of purpose. For me, it was the Marines. I had enlisted six months ago with my best friends, Jake, Violet, Emily, Darian, and Jason. Now we're about to go half a world away, getting deployed into my old home country, Japan. We're all brothers and sisters in arms. No matter how bad it got, I could always count on them to keep me in line. 

Then someone tabs on his shoulder. He looks, and sees one of his best friends, Jason. Jason smirks at him. Jason is the president's son. 

Jason: Cheer up, Sora. It can't be all that bad. 

Sora: I guess it's just finally starting to sink in. 

Jason: Ah, this is what we signed up for. 

Sora: Well, the old man was a leatherneck, so I didn't really have much of a choice. 

Jake: (Steps in) Yeah? I joined up because of the old man too. More just to get away from him. 

Jason: I joined to make my old man proud. Last I heard, he was on Air Force One, flying over to Japan. But that was the last thing I heard. 

Emily: I'm sure your parents are fine, Jason. They're probably still in the air. 

Violet: I joined because of my old man too. More to get away from my mom. 

Sora: Well, you can't get much further away than this. 

Sora looks around, and sees a lot of Marines getting ready to be deployed. Just then, a General comes in front of the platoon. All the Marines stand firm. 

General: All right, alright, listen up! You have your orders. You're all being deployed in Japan with me. Down and dirty, just like we taught you. Everybody know what's going on? Everybody know where they are going? 

All: Ooo-Rah! 

General: Everybody ready?!

All: Ooo-Rah!

General: Let's do this! And remember, we're going there to kill those things, and rescue any trapped survivors over there! Sora, lead out! 

Jason: Let's get it done, bro! 

Sora leads the whole platoon to the helicopter. They all pile inside, and sit down. The helicopter starts up, and flies off with other choppers. They fly to carriers in the ocean. As they fly, Japanese choppers fly by them, going in to help out in their country. Sora looks out the window. He thinks about his countries. He then remembers his old friends from Japan. He smiles as he thinks about a memory. 

Flashback, ten years ago

Sora is eight years old, and he's playing in a playground. With him are a bunch of kids. And they're all having fun together. Sora looks around, and sees at his friends. 

Young Sora: Rei, Saya, Takashi, Hisashi. My friends. 

Rei looks at him, and smiles at him. They all run to the swings, and play on them. Sora's mom records them on camera. The kids see this, and they wave at the camera with smiles on their faces. Sora and his friends are great together. Rei and Sora made a vow if she and Takashi won't get married when they get older, then she and Sora will get married. 

Young Sora: (Smiles at her) Whatever happens, Rei, you know I will always support you. 

She smiles back at him, and kisses his cheek. He blushes a little, and they continue playing. Sora sees a basketball on the grass. He gets off the swing, and walks to the ball. He picks it up, and walks on the playground court. He dribbles the ball, and throws it at the hoop. He makes the shot. He smiles, and picks up the ball again. He plays basketball by himself. Takashi and the others see him playing. His father sees this, and walks to him.

Sora's father: Sora?

Sora turns around, and sees his father walking towards him. 

Father: What are you doing over here playing by yourself, son? 

Sora: Just thinking. 

Father: About what, son? 

Sora: Well, about what the future is gonna have in store for me. 

Father: Aw, Sora. You worry too much about it. Just think about what you wanna do when you grow up. 

Sora: Well, do you think I can grow up to be a soldier like you? 

Father: Oh. That's a good thought. You have to train real hard to be one. 

Sora: Well, when I do become a soldier, I'll train real hard to make sure people around me don't die. 

Father: (Smiles) You're acting like a real soldier right now, son. 

Sora: And I'll be a hero like you were!

Father: (Laughs, picks him up) Alright, slow down, son. You should probably wait until you're older first. 

Sora: (Smiles) Ok, dad. 

He puts him down, and Sora walks to his friends, and continues playing with them. His parents watch them all play. 

Flashback ends

Sora sighs as the memory ends. He moved away from Japan two months later after that. He misses his old friends, and he prays for them to be okay. He wonders if he should go find them first when he gets there. But he knows he can't. The mission has to go first. He exhales, and relaxes in his seat. The chopper lands on the carrier with others while the other choppers land on other carriers. The carriers then set sail to the Japanese seaboard. The Marines know that this mission battle is suicide, but they know what they sign up for, and they're all gonna die trying to fight for the earth and for the innocent. Sora and his team say one last prayer to the Lord to watch over them while they're over there in Japan.