Chapter 1: Welcome home, Sora.

The carriers arrive at the seaboard. Now, the Marines are getting ready to board the choppers, and head for Japan. Some choppers are gonna head for Tokonosu City, Japan while the rest go around in the cities. 

Man on speaker: Attention all Marines: this is the Captain speaking. All Marines, prepare to board the choppers. 

The Marines pick up their weapons, and run to the choppers outside. The general waits for his platoon at his chopper. He sees them all running towards them. He steps aside and lets them board the chopper. Sora and his friends are the last ones to board the chopper. The General looks at them as the hatch closes behind him. 

General: Alright, Marines! I just got word that command has set up an HQ in a big warehouse somewhere in the city. So, they'll be sending word for us at all time. And we are going in with first wave. Which means more zombies to kill. You smash the entire area, you kill anything that is dead. Do you get me?!

All: We get you, sir!

General: Ooo-rah to ashes, Marines! 

All: Ooo-rah!

The choppers all start up, and lift up the carriers. They all fly towards the City while the rest fly in different directions to go to other cities and towns in Japan. The choppers shake as they are over the city. In Sora's chopper, Sora is exhaling as he's clutching his weapon. A soldier beside him is moaning nervously. Jason is closing his eyes as he grits his teeth. 

General: Remember your training, Marines, and you will make it back alive! 

The choppers fly faster as they go below towards a warehouse. Jake struggling to not throw up. Emily is panting as she tightens her seat belt. Darian is howling in excitement as he is ready for combat. Meanwhile, somewhere in the city, a young girl with long orange hair and in a school uniform is standing outside, looking at the sky. It's Rei, one of Sora's old friends. She, her ex-boyfriend, Takashi, and their friends just barely survived out there to make it to Saya's house. She's also lost her boyfriend, Hisashi. She's still heartbroken over his death. But then, she thinks about her old friend, someone she hasn't seen in years. Sora. He and his family moved to America when they were all little kids. When he left, he promised he would return one day. As she thinks, Takashi comes outside. He sees her, and walks to her. She sees him.

Rei: Hi, Takashi. 

Takashi: Hi, Rei. I'm glad you didn't kill him. Shido. If you did, you would have been like him. Killing him wouldn't do you any good. 

Rei: (Sighs) I know. You don't have to say anything. 

Takashi: (Looks at her) What are you thinking about?

Rei: I was thinking about Sora. 

Takashi: Sora? Our old best friend? But you haven't mention him in years. 

Rei: I know. But for some reason, I'm thinking about him now. Remember when he moved to America?

Takashi: Yeah. That was a sad day. I remember seeing him crying in the car when they drove away to the airport. He even waved goodbye to us.

Rei: (Sniffs) I wish we could see him again. (Gasps) Oh, no...

Takashi: What's wrong?

Rei: Takashi, remember? The United States is also infection with Them! Sora...

Takashi: Rei, don't worry. I'm sure he's fine. Remember how we knew him? He always has a plan to do something. So he's probably surviving too, like we are. 

Rei: But what if he's dead? If he is, we'll never see him again...

Takashi comforts her as she cries. Just then, one of their friends, Kohta comes running outside. He runs to them.