Chapter 5: Unknown threat

In the city, Sora leads his friends, and guides them to the warehouse. Rei stays close to him as she holds his arm. He looks at her, and wraps his arm around her. 

Rei: Sora, I'm really happy you're here with us. Now we all might have a chance to survive this. 

Sora: Yeah. 

Takashi: Sora, where are we going?

Sora: We're heading for the safe-zone at a warehouse. It's heavily secured, and defended. We'll be safe there. We have to make it there in one piece. 

Saya: I just hope so. 

Sora: Hang on. (Turns on his radio) General Drake, this is Corporal Asa. I'm in route to the safe-zone with survivors. Over. 

There was static on the radio. He frowns as he waits for an answer from the warehouse. Then, he gets a distance call from a unit. 

Marine on radio: Anyone! Respond! They're taking out my team! They're in the stores! Multiple hostiles! We're falling back to try to...(Static)

Just then, they all hear gunfire from the distance, meaning they're close by. 

Sora: Those Marines need help! 

Takashi: Come on, let's go!

They all run in the direction of the gunfire. After running a mile, they arrive at the location. 

Kohta: What the heck?

They find dead Marines on the street and sidewalks. Sora looks around the place. He finds more bodies in a nearby store. And he spots two jeeps nearby too, and they're both shot. Blood, and bullet casings are all over the place. Sora looks at the Marines. They all don't have bite marks on them, just bullet wounds. 

Rei: Sora, do you know these people?

Sora: Some of them I do. (Points at one Marine) That's Oscar. But this is weird. The zombies didn't take him down. It looks like it was shot to death. 

Saya: By who?

Kohta: Maybe there was an accident. You know, friendly fire or something. 

Sora: Something ain't right. I mean, look at him. He hasn't been chewed on by zombies. Takashi, are you seeing this crap? What do you make of this? 

Takashi: I don't know yet. 

Sora: (Looks down) There's shell casings everywhere, but not many strike marks from hostiles. 

He walks to the destroyed jeeps, and looks at them. He sees two Marines on the ground by the jeeps. 

Sora: Dang, Tim and Nancy. What were you both shooting at? Didn't even go for cover. (Looks at the jeeps) Looks like the jeeps were shut at trying to drive away. 

Saeko: (Walks to him) What is it?

Sora: These two are Tim and Nancy. They're both dead. 

Saeko: Shot?

Sora: Yeah. In the backs. 

Saeko: Guess some bandits ambushed them. Stay sharp. We don't want to be next. 

Takashi walks to one of the stores' doors. He then hears gunfire coming from inside. He looks in, but it's all dark inside. 

Takashi: Sora, get over here!

Sora hears him, and walks to him. 

Sora: What is it? 

???: Get away from me, dang it! Get away!