Chapter 15: Mission to end zombie war

An hour later, the entire warehouse is now on the march of battle. Sora, and his friends are walking outside to meet the rest of his platoon. Sora closes his eyes as he breaths slowly to calm himself over this mission. Rei holds his hand to help him out. Sora and his friends stand with the platoon of troops that are going on the mission. They all stand by, looking at General Drake. 

Drake: Fellow soldiers, I need to warn all of you. This mission is going to be a big one. Many of you might not make it back. If anyone wants to step out, now is the time. 

None of the troops step, not even Sora and his friends. Drake and Smith look at them, and smirk. 

Drake: Good. Now, troops, get in the trucks, and move out!

They all nod, and run to the trucks. Sora, and his friends get in the first truck with his platoon while the rest get in the other two trucks.  The trucks start up, and begin driving. The gate opens up, and the trucks leave the warehouse. Drake and Smith watch the trucks drive away to head for the forest. With the trucks, they drive through the streets as they make their way towards the entrance to the forest. In the first truck, Sora and his group are sitting down while holding their weapons. Sora then feels something in his pocket. He takes it out of his pocket, and holds a small black box. He opens it, and sees a rank insignia. It's a Sergeant insignia. He looks at it, and at Collins. Collins looks at him.

Collins: A gift from General Drake, Corporal. After this mission, you'll be a Sergeant. 

Sora couldn't believe it. He's gonna get promoted to Sergeant. He looks at his friends and girlfriend. They all smile and pat his shoulder. Rei hugs him. He hugs her back, and smiles. The trucks reach the edge of the city, and drives through the forest. The drivers look around as they drive. 

Driver: Lieutenant, we're in the forest now. The path to the complex is about 23 miles away. We should reach it in...one hour. 

Jason: Oh, man.

Rico: Oh, gosh.

Baxter: Great. Well, wake us up when we get there. 

Sora then sees a casualties list in Collins' hand. He looks at it. He frowns as he sees how many casualties they took from the destruction of the carriers, the counterattack, the retreat, and the attack at the outpost. Over 34,432. His friends look at the list. 

Rei: It's strange. There's almost no wounded at all. 

Jackson: Zombies don't take prisoners. And something tells that Shido doesn't take prisoners too. 

Saya: Sergeant Collins, is there any names on the list that say, "Takagi"?

Collins: (Looks at it) Uh...no. I don't see any names with that name. Why?

Saya: My parents are out there, and I was worried about them when the mansion was attacked by them. 

Baxter: Don't worry. Smith told me he's gonna be sending units there to look for survivors. If your parents are still alive, they'll find them. Don't worry. 

Saya sighs in relief. She holds Kohta's hand, and he holds hers. Sora exhales, knowing that after all of this, they will look for more survivors. The trucks continue driving through the forest. Will they make it to the complex, and end the nightmare once and for all?