Chapter 12: Anaconda attack

Sora and the Marines look around as the door behind them closes. The soldier walks to a laptop 

Soldier: We're locking this corridor down. All of you, head upstairs. 

Sora nods, and he and the Marines go upstairs. As they do, they find two soldiers on the second floor. One of them is hurt. 

Soldier 2: Suck it up, kid. You'll live. 

Sora: What happened to him?

Soldier 2: He got hit by one of the snakes' tails, hard. He's just resting. He'll be fine.

???: Corporal Asa?

Sora turns around, and he sees a female Captain Officer from the Air Force. 

Sora: Captain Nicole Slater. You're here. Are you in command here?

Slater: Yes, I am. My remaining forces are here with me. Come on, Corporal. I need you upstairs. The rest of you, stay here. Something tells me those snakes might find a way in here. So expect a fight. 

All: Yes, ma'am! 

Sora follows her upstairs. As he does, he sees the shutters on the windows closing. 

Slater: Master Sergeant White, how are we doing up here? 

White: Doing good. (Sees Sora) Sora, hey, pal. 

Sora: Master Sergeant Joseph White, AKA Turbo. Glad you made it. 

Joseph: You too. 

Soldier on radio: Captain, I've got readings!

Slater: Shoot! To the barricade! 

They all run to the barricade. A soldier is firing at the zombie snakes with a sentry turret. They join in the gunfire. The snakes hiss, and retreat. They all stop firing. 

Soldier: Why'd they just give up like that? 

Slater: They're testing the perimeter, Private. 

Then suddenly, the lights starting to turn off. And the emergency lights come on. 

Soldier: What the..? What happened to the lights?!

Slater: They cut the power. 

Joseph: But ma'am, how can they cut the power? They're snakes. 

Soldier on radio: Captain, multiple contacts at the door! Sentry's running hot! They're at the door right now! 

Sora: Oh, crap! 

Slater: Corporal, get down those stairs now! 

Sora: Yes, ma'am! 

Sora runs out to head back downstairs. Just then, he hears the soldier on the radio again.

Soldier on radio: They're coming out of the walls! I need...(Screams, static)

Slater on radio: Sentry 1's down, Find the command laptop. Get it back online now! 

Sora: I'm on it! 

He runs down the stairs. He meets the other marines with the two soldiers. He nods at them, and they nod back. Sora reaches the bottle floor. He sees the soldier dead on the floor with a huge bite wound on his chest. He sees the laptop, and walks to it. He types on it, and the turret outside the door turns back on. It opens fire on the snakes outside. Sora then hears to his left. He turns, and sees a snake coming out of a vent. He frowns, and shoots at it. It falls down dead after being shot in the head. 

Sora: Captain, the sentry's back online.

Slater on radio: Good work.

Just then, he hears screaming upstairs. He runs up. He sees the wounded soldier is gone, along with two of the marines. Tristan, the other soldier, and the last marine are shooting at one of the vents' openings.