Goodbye

So yes, another A/N. I know, these are boring but I just wanted to give @CarlaMelton7 a shoutout for being an amazing, supportive friend. This is going to be a book dedicated to her and mostly her opinions seeing as we go to the same school, and enjoy!

Marks POV
I was on my computer, as usual, talking to my good friend Seán. I had known him for quite a while and known that he has abusive parents. I wish I could help him in some way, but, I can't. His parents don't know that I know but I can't call the police either, I have no evidence. I mean Jack has bruises but they could just look like normal bruises. Anyway I'm talking to Seán when suddenly his mom bursts into the room. "Get your lazy ass downstairs now!" She yells at Jack. She still hasn't noticed I'm here. Jack quickly mouths 'bye' and ends the call before I can see what she's going to do to him. I feel so bad knowing that he gets hurt and I can't do anything, I mean, he does so much for me and I'm so grateful for that, but, I never do enough for him. I sigh and go to switch off my computer when something catches my eye. "Summer camp" I say to myself as I realise that this is where Jacks mum ships him off to every summer.

I race downstairs yelling, "mum mum mum!" She looks up from the magazines she's reading with a smile on her face as she replies, "Yes, Markimoo?" I roll my eyes as she calls me by my nickname. "I saw an ad for a summer camp on my computer and If it doesn't cost too much, can I go?" She thinks about it for a second and then asks. "Do you know anyone else who goes there?" My face lights up as I hop about excitedly almost shouting, "Yes! Jack goes there every year!" My mum chuckles at the mention of Jacks name. She knows I'm gay but also knows that me and Jack are just friends. I think she secretly ships us though. "Okay, if he goes then you're fine to go" I punch the air as I speed back up the stairs to text Jack whilst shouting, "Thanks, mum!"

Jacks POV
I was on a call with Mark when my mum bursts into my room and screams, "Get your lazy ass downstairs now!" I gulp as she hasn't noticed Mark yet. I turn to the camera and mouth 'bye' before quickly ending the call. "What is it this time?" I sigh as I turn to face her. Her face fills with rage again as she screeches, "You're making dinner tonight and it better be good, or else..." I swallowed. I knew only too well what 'or else' meant in this situation. I hurried downstairs and began to make dinner. Spaghetti bolognese, her favourite. I decided to sneak a biscuit into my pocket as I was doing this because I knew I'd only get the leftovers anyway, there was never a lot of those because my dad came home for dinner as well.

I finished dinner and trudged back upstairs to find a text on my phone from Mark.
Markimoo ❤️: Hey Jack, guess what? I talked to my mum and she says I can come to your summer camp this year!
I struggle to contain my excitement and scream into a pillow. My crush- I mean, best friend is coming to summer camp with me. I won't be alone this year! I text him back.

Marks POV
*ping* I hear from my phone as I realise Jack must've text me back and I dive for my phone. Sure enough, it's him.
Jackaboy 💚: Woah, really?! That's great, I won't be alone this year. Looking forwards to seeing you!
I smile as I type my reply. 'Me too Jackaboy, me too' I rethink before I send this and decide to just send 'me too Jack'
It's getting late so I decide to start packing my things for the camp in an old black and red suitcase with a pink moustache key ring I found at a shop once, round the handle. I pack loads of T-Shirts, like enough to last at least 3 weeks even though we're only going for two, a couple pairs of shorts and a couple pairs of jeans, my 3 favourite hoodies and a bunch of red and green jackets. Green in case Jack hasn't got enough. I mean we're friends and I have a crush on him so of course I'm gonna look out for him.

My mum calls me again and I run downstairs to find her with a bunch of bags of sweets. All my favourites! A plain Cadbury bar, some bags of jelly beans, a couple refreshers and fruitellas, a bag of skittles and a bigger bar of Cadbury plain chocolate. I throw my arms round her neck thanking her over and over, she's the greatest mum I could ever wish for. I grab all the stuff and run to pack them as she calls, "Don't forget to share with Jack!" I smile as I shout back, "I won't!" That was another thing, my mum was always overprotective about my friends as well as me but she always seemed to favour Jack over everyone. Me and Jack normally just walked round the playground together at break and lunchtimes because everyone bullies Jack for being gay. No one knows I'm gay except my mum though, not even Jack.

Tyler's POV
I was packing again, ready to go to the summer camp again this year. I'm 14 and I've been going for st least 7 years, half my life. Recently over the past few years I've seen a boy with green hair that everyone avoids and another one with blue hair that seems to always be upset about one thing or another and if they're there this year I'm gonna go talk with them. My mum calls me downstairs and hands me the extra food she always does; two apples, a banana, a big bag of doritos and a 2L bottle of coke cherry. I thank her and take them back to my room to pack in my rucksack along with my phone, headphones and charger. From the past couple times I've been there I've found the secret spots with plug sockets in all the cabins so I can charge my phone to text and listen to music.

Ethan's POV
I start up the stairs to pack, as usual. I hate this stupid camp. I've been going for three years just because my parents have found out it's cheaper to send me there then to feed me and take care of me for a whole summer. They used to be loving and kind, just like any other parents, that is, until,I told them I was gay. They used to try and kick me out onto the streets saying they were 'banishing Satan' from their house. This always made me feel worthless, like a disgrace. I wasn't meant to be placed on this earth but I can't bring myself to leave it either.

Trigger warning:
I stare down at the cuts on my arm. Some fresh, some older. My parents don't know that I cut and probably wouldn't care anyway. I tuck the razor blade into the pages of a book I was reading for safekeeping and pack the book, ready for use at summer camp if needed.

I think that this came out really well and I'm definitely going to be continuing!
To Be Continued....