Chapter 14

(Felix)
I don't know if I can do this. Do I love him or am I just trying to comfort him? I want to keep him safe, I can say that for sure, but will Tyler come back and hurt him or hurt me? I want to keep him happy but is it best if I'm breaking myself. I push him off me and walk out the cabin, not looking back for any of their cries or pleas. I walk deep into the forest until I see shimmering through the gaps of the branches. I walk closer, pushing my way through the trees and emerge into a beautiful clearing. There's a little sandy bank with some logs rolled onto the shore. I sit on one and stare out at the vastness of the shimmering glory placed in front of me. I look down at my feet and look through the stones until I find a perfect skimming stone. I stand up and put all of my anger into the force of the throw. I calm my mind with every skip, every wave, everything it jumps. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Six little hops across the surface before it's engulfed to the depths of the lake. Drowning with my thoughts as I sat there just staring. Lost in my mind. I hear shouting through the trees and panic as I recognise the voices. It's Jack and Mark. I can't hear Ethan but I can't be sure he's not there too. I climb op the nearest tree and make it about halfway up before I find a nice sturdy branch to sit on. I look down and not a second too late as Mark and Jack walk out to the clearing I found earlier. They were looking down at the ground and slowly making their way closer to the tree I was in. 'Shit' I thought. Footprints. I desperately leaned to the branches of the closest tree and swung myself over. Luckily it wasn't a weak branch but I sure wasn't taking that risk again. The boys below me must've heard the rustling because they looked up and called for me to come down. I sighed and realised I'd have to come down sooner or later but then I realised. This tree was a lot thinner and had a lot less branches than the one I'd originally climbed, making a lot harder for me to get down. I made my way down slowly, slipping a few times but my grasp was secured so I couldn't slip even an inch. My feet finally made their way back to the floor.

(Jack)
I watched as Felix finally reached the floor before tackling him and trapping him in a tight hug, Mark quickly joining to do the same. He looked around confused and kinda scared until I realised why. "Ethan didn't come out, he was really upset fer some reason" I explained. Felix calmed and let out a sigh of relief, I wondered why he was so relieved that Ethan wasn't here, especially since he was so upset. I then remembered just split seconds before Felix bolted off. Ethan was on top of him and Felix struggled to push him off, confusion and fear riddled into his expression as he ran, our screams from the room, begging him to come back. He was scared. Scared Tyler would come back and hurt him, or worse in his case, Ethan. He began trembling beneath us as we leaned him back up and started to sob into Marks chest, weakly gripping onto his T-shirt and soaking it with the saltiness of his sadness. I rubbed circles on his back in an attempt to calm him down and Mark played around with his hair. We must've calmed him at least a bit because his breathing slowed down a lot and he fell asleep on Marks shoulder. I grinned and moved him into my lap as Mark got up, because Mark was stronger he lifted Felix back to the cabin where a restless Ethan was still crying his little heart out. "Hey Ethan, look who's back!" I whisper-shouted, just not loud enough to wake up our Swedish friend. Ethan looked up from where he was sat and his eyes lit up as he started to scoot closer. Mark placed Felix down in Ethan's lap and climbed into my bed, motioning for me to join him. We cuddled as we watched Ethan just sitting there, stroking Felix's hair as he slept soundly, peaceful little snores escaping his lips. I turned to look at Mark and he smiled down at me. I reached around to his neck and pulled him down into a soft kiss, it lasted about a second but we could both feel the love within. We looked back over at Ethan and I got my phone out and started to record. Just as I had started recording Ethan leaned down and planted a soft kiss on Felix's forehead. Felix then fluttered his eyes open and turned a dark shade of red when he saw Ethan staring down at him. "Javla helvete!" He yelled out as he jerked upright, almost crushing Ethan in the process. He fell forward and face planted the ground as a reward. I chuckled and ended the recording before saving it to my phone, I could torment them with that later, but for now me and Mark had a plan. To get those two together.

To Be Continued.
A/n: so yeah, it's a little short but this is just so I can get a chapter out to you guys as I might not be writing tomorrow. Again, stay strong my guys and gals. See you in the next chapter!