Chapter 7- The camp

(Ethan)
I was leaning over the railing of my cabin as I saw a little black car roll up the track. 'Great' I thought to myself 'more people to bully me'. I sigh and head downstairs to watch them get their cabin numbers and, overall, they didn't look too bad. They were two boys, one with hair dyed green and the other dyed theirs red. They turn around and start heading towards my cabin whilst waving goodbye to what I assumed was their mum. In my head I'm screaming but on the outside I force myself to smile. I'm surprised when I get smiles back and they must've noticed because one starts to speak. "Hey, I'm Mark! This is my buddy Jack! I was just wondering cause you looked a little lonely, would you like to Be our friend?" I stared at him with disbelief, thinking it was just another prank, it always was. Then the little green haired one piped up, Jack I think it was? "Yeah! That'd be awesome!" His accent surprised me at first but then he gave me puppy eyes and I couldn't resist. "U-um. Y-yeah sure. W-w-why though. E-ev-everybody h-hates m-me here!" I stuttered, I always stutter when I'm nervous but I hate it. I hate myself, I sound horrible too. Mark and Jack just stare at me confused. "Why does everyone hate you?" Mark asked. I took a deep breath and braced myself for them to start beating me, like everyone else. "I-I-I'm gay" I whispered, almost inaudible. Mark and jack just laughed. Then jack spoke up, "What? Why would we bully you for that!? In fact, I'm gay!" Mark looked over at him shocked and chuckled. "Well that's one way to tell your best friend!" I laugh at their stupidness and we all head inside. We were all pretty early so I'd already chosen the bunk bed in the corner and they chose the one next to mine. Mark on top (Stop y'all dirty minds sinners!) whilst jack preferred to sleep on the bottom.

(Tyler)
My mums car pulled up to the camp and I got out and took my bags, hugging her goodbye and heading up to the front desk to get my cabin number. I was number 7. I headed over to the cabin and walked in. No one was downstairs, probably because that was our kitchen area, so I headed upstairs and saw three other. They'd already chosen their beds so I walked over to talk to them, rubbing a hand behind my head. "Hey I'm Tyler, (and I huff glue!) can I join your bunk?" I asked, directing the second half of my sentence to the blue haired boy who was in a bunk on his own. "He looked up to me and I could see he was scared so I crouched down and whispered to him. "Look, I'm not gonna hurt you and I don't care what others say, if you don't want me here then I'll leave. I was only asking." You could almost see the fear melt away as I talked to him and he suddenly got really upset and broke down into tears. I panicked and hugged him tightly as he wrapped his arms around me and cried his little heart out. He pulled away and was still sniffly so I got some tissues out of my bag and handed them to him. He said a quiet 'Thank you' and dabbed the rest of his tears away before giving me another hug and whispering back, "Please stay with me". I smiled and started to unpack my stuff on the top bunk, seeing as he'd already settled in on the bottom. I realised that I hadn't talked to the other two and looked over to them. Both of them were on the top bunk cross legged and talking. I waved and they seemed to notice. The one with green hair was the first to speak. "How rude of us! I'm so sorry. My name is Seán but I prefer to be called Jack ya see and this massive goofball," he gestured to the red haired boy "Is Mark!" His accent made it sound like he said Merk but I just smiled and said "You probably heard me earlier but I'm Tyler! I may look tough but I hardly ever hurt anything! Only when people hurt things that mean a lot to me." I said, frowning. Mark laughs. "No worries buddy, we're here for you!" I smiled again, glad to finally have friends, even if one was a little fragile.

(Mark)
I was sat on my bed with Seán, talking about what we'd do whilst we were here when Tyler waved at us and we had a little conversation before he got back to unpacking. Jack turned back to me and continued our conversation. "Well, normally when I'm here I just stay in all the time because I can but now that you're here we could do some of the activities!" He said, bouncing about, obviously excited. I blushed at the fact he decided to say 'now that you're here'. That really meant a lot to me, seeing as I liked him. I lost myself in his eyes again and just stared at him whilst he rambled on about the camp. Then he turned to look at me and blushed seeing me just staring at him. "Mark?" He said, snapping me out of my trance. I tilted my head to signify that I was listening. He took my face and kissed me again before grabbing the pillow and burying his face in it again. I facepalmed and gently lowered the pillow. He looked up and stared into my eyes, face still flushed. God, he was adorable, I pecked him on the lips and heard squealing but this time it wasn't Jack. I turned around and saw Tyler and Ethan hugging whilst bouncing and squealing, they must've been watching me and jack. "I ship iiiiiiiiittttttt!" Ethan says with Tyler still squealing and hugging him so I point at the two and say "I ship it!!!" Before watching the two turn red and jump away from each other like they'd just touched a hot iron. "Ha! You both like each other! Now kiss!" I said with no idea dark was trying to take over and my eyes had turned completely black at this time. I turned back round to Seán and his eyes filled with fear. "M-Mark. E-eyes." He said before I realised and rushed downstairs to the mirror and successfully stopped dark from taking over. 'You won't get rid of me. You can't get rid of me. I'm always here." I start hearing the voices in my head I haven't heard in years. I look down at my wrists and the scars that lay there, each with a meaning buried deep beneath the surface. Jack comes down and freezes, seeing that scars on my wrists.

To Be Continued....