Chapter 13

(Jack)
The boy that came into our cabin had announced that he was staying and we were all fine with that, he was friendly, and his name was Felix. I'm sure I knew that name from somewhere but I just couldn't figure it out. We decided to get to know each other better and we all said three things about ourselves. "I'll go first!" Felix shouted, we all nodded to let him know we were okay with it. "Okay, first off I'm from Sweden. Second, I have two pugs, Maya and Edgar. Third, I used to live in Ireland for a bit when I was really young but then I moved to LA which is why I'm here." I was really confused now. I recognised his voice, his name and even his dogs names! I thought I'd share some things from my childhood next to see if he reacted in any way to any of it. "Alright, my turn" I announced as we all went quiet again. "Firstly, I grew up in Ireland until I was about 8" I heard Felix mutter something under his breath. "Secondly, I used to have a dog called Gizmo." Muttering again. "Lastly, I used to have a friend that I would play with on the swings almost every day until I had to move." This time he gasped loudly, eyes locked with mine. He let out a breathless whisper, almost inaudible. "Seán?" My eyes widened, it must be him, only my childhood friend, Mark and now Ethan and Tyler knew my real name. "Fe?" I asked. He smiled wider than I've ever seen anyone smile. I launch myself at him and tackle him to the floor in a hug, squealing like a fanboy. I hear a grunt behind me and turn around to see Mark with his arms crossed, jealous. It was then I realised the position I was in. I was straddling Felix because I was trying to get up from knocking him to the floor. I started to laugh and then Felix realised what I was laughing at and he was soon in fits of giggles as well. Mark was now pretending to be angry but struggling to keep a straight face as well. Eventually he gave in and chuckled when Ethan and Tyler caught on and just sat there looking at each other. "Don't get any ideas guys. Remember I'm dating Mark!" Felix looks behind me again. "Wait, Mark!" Mark smiles "I was hoping you'd remember me!" He said happily and they hugged. I was shocked. "Wait you know him? Mark? Felix? You- what?" I was stumbling over my words whilst trying to form an acceptable sentence but, obviously, I failed. They both answered at the same time. "Childhood friends!" Felix Continued. "After you moved I was so upset that my parents moved us to LA, I made friends with Mark but we lost contact when he moved houses and I moved shortly after so he couldn't even catch up with me." My smile wavered. "But I moved to LA" His eyes shone. "Don't worry! Everyone can catch up now. Let's all exchange numbers!" We went round in a circle all saying our numbers so everyone else could add us. First me, then Tyler, then Ethan, then Mark and finally Felix.

(Ethan)
I really wanted Tyler's number but I was scared to ask so I was glad when Felix came up with the idea of us all sharing. I double checked that I'd got his number right before entering it into my phone and adding his contact name. 'Stone-faced Cutie 💙'. I sent a message just to confirm that it was his number and he replied instantly to let me know. The notification popped up on my screen and my phone dinged. Everyone looked over at me and I hoped that no one saw the contact name. I don't think anyone did but I saw Tyler's name for me, 'Blue Angel 💙'. I was so happy that I almost screamed out right then and there but, he could just be joking. The kiss was only to beat me in the race, wasn't it? I sigh, all happiness I had just a second ago had been drained away in an instant, of course my anxiety had to show now. I excused myself to go downstairs and just sat in the corner, shaking with my arms wrapped around myself to try and calm me down. I started to cry silently into my shirt sleeve, not noticing when someone came down the stairs. I jumped when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and when I looked up I saw Felix. (Ha. You all thought it was gonna be Tyler, didn't you?) I hadn't even known him for a day, yet, he knew exactly what to do. He continued to hug me as he rocked me back and forth, gently stroking my back as he did so to calm me down. I snuggled into his chest, my breathing slowing back to a normal pace before he let go of me and started straight into my eyes. "I'm always here if you need me Ethan. Please don't think you're alone." With that said, he pulled me back to my feet and lead me upstairs, sitting next to me to make sure I was okay. I smiled wearily, happy to know that someone actually cared for me, wanted to keep me safe and he wasn't just doing it to seem good in front of the others. They didn't even know what was going on and I knew he wasn't going to tell them unless I wanted him to. I started to get sleepy so I rested my head on his shoulder. He put his head on mine and I fell asleep listening to his heartbeat. I woke up to angry shouting that sounded like it was coming from Tyler. "He's mine! He doesn't love you and he never will!" I heard crying. "Tyler Stop! Think of Ethan!" It was Jack talking now. "He was trying to take Ethan away from me!" I sit up to get a clearer look but I soon wish I didn't. Tyler was sat on Felix, repeatedly punching him in the face. Felix was crying, bloodied and bruised everywhere you could see. I start crying and Tyler looks up. His anger slowly melts away and he comes over to comfort me. "No!" I yell. He backs away, stunned. "Don't come near me! Please..." I look over to Felix and so does Tyler. More tears fill my eyes as I see him like this. I swing myself out of my bed and walk over to Felix, kneeling beside him and Mark rushed downstairs to get the first aid kit, again. He comes back up and starts his work as I hold Felix's hand, hoping he'll be okay. Mark fixes him up as best he can and I manage to lift him up. I place Felix in my bed and lay next to him, fingers intertwined. Tyler is still glaring at Felix, even though he's still fully unconscious. I glare at Tyler and he immediately looks away, but not before I see his heart shatter. I don't care at the moment. All I care about is Felix.

(Felix)
I wake up to my face hurting like hell and someone holding my hand. I try to turn my head but I only see a tuft of blue hair. "E-Ethan?" I whisper out and his head snaps round immediately. "You're awake!" He yells. "Guys he's awake!" I hear footsteps running upstairs and a pair of lips meet mine. I look upwards to see Ethan and I push him off, I don't want him getting hurt by Tyler. His eyes fill with tears and I just point across the room to Tyler who is now storming to me. He pushed Ethan to the floor and raised his fist at me again. I hear a "Nope!" And Ethan tackles Tyler with as much force as he can, knocking him to the ground before getting Mark to pin him. I check to make sure Ethan's okay before pulling down to the bed for a hug, seeing as I can't get up or I'd faint again. Tyler struggles under Mark as Jack has ran to get a supervisor. Jack returns quickly with a supervisor. They get their safety handcuffs and lock Tyler's hands before taking him out. They return and say that Tyler's being sent home for disobeying the rules and causing physical violence to at least one other camp member, Ethan looks relieved but sad. I wonder if it's about earlier. I feel bad for pushing him away so this time I pull him close and connect our lips. He pulls away for air and says three words. "I love you"

To Be Continued.....