cyrus| iii: sorry

i arrive early at the spoon, grabbing a seat at the booth, waiting on tj's arrival - if he even comes. he's supposed to be at work, but he said he would meet me, so i guess all i can do is wait. i order a chocolate milkshake in the meantime, glancing over every time the bell rings.

i glance at the time 5.30, tj should be here soon. i text him a few times, but no answer.

to: teej☺️🏀
are you meeting me?

ngl i'm hungry, i'm always hungry tho

teej?

i have a basket of baby taters w ur name on

we need to talk

i'm guessing ur not turning up?

leaving me on read now? thanks.

you could at least text me if you can't make it, wow buffy was right

read at 6:14.

i stand up, finishing the last baby tater, putting money on the table and leave. i walk down the street, unable to stop myself from standing outside where tj works.

i pull my jacket around my body even tighter, as a breeze of the cold air blows. i see tj hold his phone in his hand, typing before putting down his phone. i glance at my own and see no new messages. have i done something wrong? i watch as he carries on playing with the kids for a bit longer before walking away back to my house.

"hey honey, did you have a good time at the diner?"

"yeah i had a great time, i'm gonna go do some homework and call buffy, maybe get an early night."

"okay sweetie, i love you." my mom kisses my head and i walk upstairs sitting down at my desk.

i open my laptop and a facetime call with the GHC pops up which i join.

"how did it go with the jerk?" buffy practically screams excitedly down the line.

"it didn't."

"cy-guy? you okay? are you crying." i only looked confused in response before letting out an 'oh' after touching my cheek. i was in fact crying. why?

"i um, i'm fine?"

"what did that dick do? i'm gonna kill him tomorrow." buffy slams her fist down.

"buffy, calm down your not making him any better. so what happened?" andi questions

"nothing."

"cy please tell us." buffy sends a soft look.

"i did, nothing happened, he didn't show up. i mean a part of me knew he wouldn't since he had work, but he didn't even text me to let me know, he read all my messages, and i walked past the shop and he was texting someone but it wasn't me and now i'm here."

"aww cy... how long did you wait for him?" walker asks.

"45 minutes. it's so stupid, i don't know why i'm hung up over this, we meet everyday, we text non stop, we're finally in a good place, back as friends, and i know you dislike him buffy but i want to be friends with him."

"in fairness, you wanna be friends with everyone." andi reasons.

my phone beeps in my hand and i look down, before looking at the rest of the group. "it's tj."

"what did he say?" they all stop mumbling, and wait patiently.

"hey cy, i'm so sorry about earlier, i'm coming over to explain everything."

"cause saying sorry makes everything okay, he probably doesn't mean it..." buffy rolls her eyes.

just as cyrus opens his mouth to talk tj walks in (not noticing the GHC on cyrus' laptop). cyrus turns around at the mention of his name and stands up.

"look i'm sorry, i didn't want to stand you up. amber messaged me saying how sad you looked at the spoon and how much of a dick i am which she's right. look amber was right about me not missing a shift. the truth is we need the money."

"is this apart of your 'stuff'?" tj nods his head and starts explaining everything about his parents. "there's more about why my mom left but i'm gonna tell you that another time. i'm so sorry and i hope you can forgive me? i know it's not a worthy explanation, and no one should stand you up, you've been nothing but amazing and kind to me and i'm so grateful."

"teej, i forgive you, you mean too much to me and i'm so sorry about your parents, i'm here if you need any help or support at all."

"actually... there is one thing i think you could help me with." i nod my head to let him know to carry on. "well i'm gonna get kicked off he basketball team unless my math grade picks up, and since you know about my dyscalculia, and are smart, please can you tutor me?" tj bats his eyes.

i laugh slightly and agree. "great thank you so much! i gotta go but i'll see you tomorrow?"
"of course, bye tj!" tj leaves cyrus' room and house.

cyrus smiles to himself which soon drops when he hears a cough from his laptop. shit. "guys you can't say anything to anyone, that's supposed to just be between him and me.