cyrus| xi: i dont know how we got here

wow more than one update within a week?? me being productive? i've written so many chapters for this book (:

jonah:
hey cy, can we talk? it's important meet me at the park x

i re read the text. have i done something wrong?

i make my way to the park and see jonah sat on the bench, looking slightly nervous. "hey jonah? you okay?"

"oh hey cy-guy, that was pretty quick. i um, i have something to tell you. so we've been hanging out a lot recently, and i've really enjoyed it, like watching the stars in the sky with you. but i should probably tell you something. i'm still dating andi, we never broke up, i mean i don't like labels but andi called me angrily the other night, saying she misses me, since i'm always with you now, and i don't wanna break her heart but i don't want you to be hurt either cy."

"do you like andi?" i watch as jonah nods his head. "you two are great together, and we never really called this a relationship."

"i knew i could count on you cy, thank you." jonah gives me a gentle side hug before walking away. i sit down on the bench, hanging my head. god damn it! how do i get myself into messes like this. this is the second time. i guess i will never be over him.

i look near the basketball courts and see tj holding kira on his back, laughing whilst kira aims her ball at the net and shoots. i watch as he puts her down, high-fiving her before picking up his bag. his gaze meets mine and he turns back to kira, giving a quick wave before jogging over to me. "cy? what's up? i saw you with jonah?"

"jonah is still dating andi, he was this whole time, he never officially broke up with her and he still likes her so whatever me and jonah had is over."

"i'm sorry i wasn't here for you this whole time, i've been a shitty friend, and i know you don't forgive me for what i did, but i wanna be friends again, i don't deserve it but-"

"teej, i do forgive you, like you explained, you were forced to do it. you stuck up for me in front of everyone at school, yeah you've done some idiotic things but i do forgive you."

"i'm glad, i don't know what i would do without you muffin."

muffin. there it is again.

"but i'm not hanging out with kira, i'm not falling out with buffy again and she's a complete bitch to me."

"woah, the cyrus goodman swearing? never thought that would happen. but that's completely fine, i wanna spend more time with you. you're more fun to be around. i can be myself around you, it's not all basketball."

i can't help but smile, i think i'm finally going to get tj back.