cyrus| xiii: past life

he's here? how did he find me? how did he get out?

"i..." i glance over to see everyone in the living room watching, the movie was now turned off. i grabbed evans wrist pulling him inside, closing the front door before dragging him up to my room. "geez, you must be cold." he was soaked, i didn't even realise it was raining. i open my closet and pull out a large pair of joggers and a jumper. "here get changed, then i'll get you some food." he offers a small smile, before getting changed.

i take him back downstairs to the kitchen. "what do you want?"

"just a hot drink please." i start making him a drink as he sits at one of the island chairs.

i hand him the beverage, "why are you here?"

"come to get you back."

"get him back?" i turn my head to see buffy and everyone else stood in the doorway.

"what do you mean? what happened?"

"that hell- hole closed down, angie set all of us up in a nice house, she's looking after us all, just her. it's the best. turns out another two kids reported what happened to the police, they helped us out, we were all examined, put on as witnesses and statements were taken."

"i'm happy for you guys i really am. how's emily?"

his smile drops at the mention of her name. "no one told you? shit why do i have to be the bearer of bad news... emily died cy, her body became too weak with everything that happened, she just collapsed." i couldn't help but cry. i stood up, pacing about the kitchen. evan rushed out of his seat, holding me in his arms. i stop crying slightly and he pulls back. his thumb caresses my cheek. "i didn't even get to say goodbye..." he pulls my back in for a hug. i feel myself fall asleep.

evans pov:

i feel him become heavier in my arms and so i carry him upstairs, setting him down on his bed, kissing the top of his forehead, making my way back downstairs again. i wash out my cup and walk back into the living room. "who are you guys?"

"we're cyrus' best friends, who are you?" a tall blonde looks me up and down."

"i'm an old friend of cyrus."

"what was all that about earlier, what 'hell-hole'?"

"oh that's mine and cyrus' old foster home, it finally got shut down."

"foster? cyrus isn't fostered?"

"really? he moved here three years ago, when school started, none of you guys knew him before that. the people he's with now aren't his really parents, i mean where the hell are they? they're not here, they don't really care about him. we do. i do. i'm his real family."

cyrus's pov:

i hear some speaking downstairs, and decide to see what's going on.

"i'm his real family..."

"what's going on?" i ask.

"you're fostered?"

"i- i was scared to tell you guys."

"yeah? and this guy who claims to be your family, told one of your biggest secrets, that's not very true of him is it." andi remarks.

"was that a part of your stuff?" i nod at tj and move my gaze to evan.

"sorry cy, i thought they knew."

"ev, it's fine, they needed to know at some point." i send him a soft smile.

"so what do you say? you wanna come home?"

"i have a life here, my friends, school, i can't just drop this."

"you don't have to, we're only round the corner. and it's clear your foster parents don't really want you."

"yeah. i'll do it. i'll move back."

i watch evan's smile grow and he pulls me in for a hug.

a/n i might just stop this book it's going downhill and i have no idea what i'm writing and its so bad