t w o

March 18th.
2:34 p.m.

[Matteo's POV]

"Matt, it was only a light jab—"

"No!! It felt like a fucking boulder slammed into my arm!! It shattered; I know it did!"

"You're being dramatic..."

"No, I'm not! I'm just telling the fucking truth!"

"Whatever you say."

I felt my face fuming as I watched my friend, Liam, walk away with a slightly amused look and a shaking head. I scowled, clutching my slightly throbbing arm and remembering when the basketball had shot into arm without my knowing. I swear, I wasn't lying. It did hurt! Not lying. Really. I'm not. Like, really not lying. Totally.

I stomped towards a group of guys sitting lazily on the benches with murder on my mind—it was fully settled that someone among this group had fucking thrown that basketball at me because there was no way that any of those puny ass humans could ever manage to hurt a fucking werewolf without them noticing. So, it was someone among my pack. Someone!

I towered above them as they cowered on the ground like little ducks, and I felt exasperation when I saw them all lazing around sitting on the grass. We're werewolves, ya know? Shouldn't we be...overly athletic and bursting with unreleased dominant hormones, right? Right?? Wrong. At least, for now, it is because everyone is a little lazy shit when it comes to everyday life, and my dad is telling me that I have to lead this sack of fuckery after this summer? At least I can be grateful that they aren't like this during training and patrols, but man...

While shooing away that last trace of thought, I hardened my expression and stared at the group of about ten guys and girls with lowered and un-willful faces. With a last dashing hidden smile on my face, I glowered with vengeful eyes and a smile that begged for death at the sight of it. "...So. Who decided that shooting a ball at me today was a good idea?" they all shivered as I growled but I knew they were all laughing on the inside and I also almost couldn't contain myself. But I still had a serious grudge with whoever raged war against my shattered arm, and I wasn't going to let it go. I narrowed my eyes and studied every single member of my pack, looking for any twitch or gesture to show their...involvement. I felt an evil grin forming on my face when I saw someone in the back of the group with red cheeks held in with laughter and a hand held desperately to their mouth. Marie. With confident but agonizingly slow steps I walked toward Marie, and my eyes gleamed when she noticed me walking towards her with horrified eyes.

"So, Marie. Do you know who threw that ball at me just now?" I said as I stood above her, standing in front of her huddled form.

"Uhh...nope," she said, popping the p. "No clue. You should ask Liam."

"Liam?" I said with raised brows, and I turned around to see Liam looking at Marie with betrayed eyes. He whined playfully towards the brown-haired girl, and it didn't take long for me to put two and two together. "Hmm? So would Ms. Marie and Mr. Liam like to join me for a nice...chat? Hmm?" they both gulped and sulkily got up from the ground to follow me away from the field they were all situated on.

"What's our punishment, Sir Lieutenant Colonel?" Liam said regretfully.

"Well," I started with relish. "Harming your superior warrants a punishment of five hours of playing Magical Boy Shooter IV." Liam groaned, and I felt a grim delight well up in me.

"Um," Marie hesitated. "What's my punishment, Sir?" I looked at her out the side of my eye before opening the door that led down a hallway connected to the girls and boys locker rooms.