☁︎ s i x t e e n ☁︎

May 21st.

[Third Person]

"Hybrids—or mutts as you call them aren't inherently violent."

Dr. Iris said coldly. She was a witch who had studied Hybrids. She was the only who could help Luka. Help them understand Luka.

"Hybrids are like any other supernatural species. But the only thing that could drive Hybrids to their extremes is their mate." everyone looked at the woman with shocked eyes.

"People who reject their mates on sight because they are a Hybrid. The people who cheat on their Hybrid mate. Anyone who hurts the mate of a hybrid. Every single incident is connected to their mate." she paused, pulling out a sheet of paper.

"August 27th, 2017, Justin Reeve murdered his mate and a man named Brian Wood. His mate was cheating on him with the man named Brian behind his back. Feeling pained, betrayed, and rejected, Justin killed them both and committed suicide out of grief." she summarized the paper, clicking her tongue. "Most Hybrids don't last two days after a rejection. Most of them take matters into their own hands and off their life then and there. The ones that don't are the ones who were betrayed by their mates," she looked straight at Denis and Matteo. "The ones at your border? They probably have mates in your pack who accepted them for a short while before half-rejecting them and betraying their bond—hooking up with someone else. The thing is, it isn't because they can't live without them. It's because they're hybrids. And their emotions are also greater than other people, will always be more amplified than other people. It's because of their genes—their makeup."

Matteo absorbed every word she said, but his mind was elsewhere. He was empty. Empty without Luka. The were all sitting in Dr. Iris's office, not one saying a word.

"Werewolves have an inborn sense of dominance, strength, and impulsiveness. But their connections between pack and family make it so that the bond between loved ones is strong, making so that their overall emotional makeup is strong—they feel much more and deeply than humans do. Vampires are very prideful creatures and have a sense of camaraderie between them. But while Werewolves are natural hunters, Vampires are natural killers. All Vampires have a gene that makes them...explosive. It's a gene that's supposed to support rationality and decisiveness in the face of a kill—and it does, but at irregular times it makes other emotions explosive as well. What do you get when you add those two together? A Hybrid that feels explosively at every single waking moment of the day. The tiniest action can set them over the edge—but it depends on the factors. Hybrids may love just as much as werewolves do, but they feel betrayal 10x greater than any being alive. They feel pain more than others do. They can feel rage more than others do, and in some cases, feel the urge to kill more than others do. But it's set in triggers," she spread her hands, letting her words sink in.

"They feel more than anyone, but to them, their emotions are normal, at normal levels. Whatever triggers their emotions, they will adapt to it and become immune. That's why it is hard to notice even the smallest things. That's why, every single case you can ever see about a Hybrid is tied to their mate because their mate is the only thing that can trigger them into betrayal, trigger them into pain, and trigger them into a rage. Trigger them into killing." Matteo sucked in a sharp breath, her words echoing around the room.

"Werewolves and Vampires bodies are set in transformation. Werewolves turn into their wolves, and Vampires can mold their body into any age of themselves at any point in time. The essence of a Vampire's transformation, the driving force, is that there is a need for something. Not many know that it isn't just a power used to decrease or increase the age of the body. It's a power used to suit the needs of the Vampire. It's a power more manifested in Hybrids." she sighed. "Have you ever wondered what form a Hybrid takes? They are a werewolf, but they are also a vampire—which one is it? It's neither. The genes from the vampire freely control the appearance of their hybrid based on their strengths, physique, and nature. They can take on any appearance of any species in the world—not freely though. It's a permanent appearance, and they'll look as they do forever." a dull look entered her half-lidded eyes.

"The dangerous thing about this power though..."

"Is that it suits the needs of a hybrid whenever it can..."

"So if they are in fear..."

"If they can't get away from that fear..."

"If they feel they are in danger..."

"And if their emotional intake is just too
much..."

"They'll shut down."

"Their bodies stop..."

"And their heart stops beating."

"And it only takes the agreement of the person themselves to do this."

"When Luka wakes up...he won't be himself anymore. He'll be reduced to his most basic instincts. He'll look at things and react with them based on "I like...I don't like...I hate...I love..." be careful with him during this state. He'll wake up from it at some point and regain control and remember everything during this period. It's during this period that depends on if he'll trust you or not afterward."

Dr. Iris walked out of the office. Her heels clacking.

Tears ran down Matteo's face. It was an often occurrence.

How could I...do this to you?