t h r e e

March 18th.
6:53 p.m.

[Luka's POV]

It's 6:53 p.m.

And I still can't stall any longer.

Do I really need to go back home?

I felt a swirling coldness envelop me as I stared at the red painted front door of my home. I've done everything I could so that I wouldn't have to stay in this house any longer than I need to.

So then why am I here?

Should I just go in?

Does sitting in the cold during a spring evening beat going inside there?

Yes, yes it does.

I sighed and looked down, my eyes darkening as I looked coldly at the house. With a slow reach of my hand I turned the door knob and was met with stale, dead air. All the lights were off and dust filled the air. It was a dead house. No one really lived here. With hollow steps I walked into the house and was slightly shocked when I saw my mom huddled over kitchen island, fiddling earrings into her ears and dressed up as if she were going out.

"Mom?" I questioned as I plastered on a confused and innocent face. She whipped her head up towards me and blinked slowly, a trace of un-recognition on her face as she gazed at me.

"Oh...Hey, Lucus—Luka." she tripped over her words and looked at me indifferently. Wow, you even forgot my name?

"Hey, Mom!" I said brightly. "It's been a few months, how'd the business trip go?" she looked at me in confusion before it lit up in realization.

"Yeah, the business trip went...fine," she said before turning her attention back to herself, done messing with the earrings and touching up her hair. Yeah, I bet it went great.

"When'd you get back? Are you leaving again?" I asked with a drooping face. She looked at me with an indecipherable expression before replying.

"I got back this morning and rested for a while, but my boss called me in to make a report about my trip." she ran her hand into her hair a few more times before staring at me and picking up her purse.

"So you're going to come back?"

"Yeah," she said while ruffling my hair. My mom was a beautiful woman. Peanut butter colored skin and dark brown curly hair with deep chocolate eyes. I think I inherited everything of my mom, but I got his color's, except for the eyes. His are blue. So basically I look like this mixed albino...

"I'll come back." she looked me in the eyes before walking down the hallway. A few more minutes passed by, and a click silently rang through the empty household. I thought back to the way she looked at me. The expression she made when she said those comforting words.

Her eyes were empty. Cold.

Her face was devoid of any warm emotion towards her child.

But of course, the pure and innocent Luka would gobble those words down hungrily and believe anything around him.

"Luka's so pure!"

"Haha, he's too innocent."

"He's kinda naive, shouldn't you two give him a wake-up call?"

Haha. Sometimes I wonder at the seamless identity I've created for myself.

So much so that even myself makes me nauseous. Nauseous to my core, who'd like such a person? Conniving and evil, and uses a facade to manipulate people? Someone who could use their secrets like daggers over their head?