e i g h t

April 13th.
11:53 a.m.

[Third Person POV]

Luka looked on as Matteo sweated nervous buckets next to him, both of them sitting on a rock by the car they had parked up in the mountains. Matteo's knee bounced up and down as his nerves jumped erratically, and Luka had a rare stray thought.

I've been waiting for this to happen for a while.

"Matteo, just tell me. What is it?" Luka looked up at his mate with worry, his deep brown eyes glistening. Matteo sighed and ran a hand haphazardly through this hair. He couldn't worry his mate any longer, not when he was so tense and stiff in the car ride here.

"Just...promise me. Promise me that you won't be scared?" Matteo said quietly, in an almost childlike way.

"I promise you," Luka said while squeezing his hand soothingly. Matteo let out a shaky sigh and spoke.

"I'm...a werewolf." he dropped his head down, not wanting to see Luka's gaze or the expression on his face. The silence stretched when Matteo began to feel fear pump into his system when he suddenly felt a hand softly part his hair and comfortingly smoothing it out of his face. Two hands reached down and gently lifted the lowered head. When Matteo searches Luka's face for any signs of rejection, he sighed in relief but didn't relax in the slightest.

"Can you prove it to me?" Luka said softly. Matteo hurriedly nodded and regretfully pulled away from his embrace. With deft movements, he slipped off his hoodie and his tank, making Luka flush slightly but both didn't do anything because of the seriousness of the mood. He exhaled briefly before a series of popping and cracking noises rung in the air and Luka winced when he registered the sound. It didn't even take a few moments for a dark-haired silky furred wolf to take the place of Matteo. When it looked tentatively towards Luka, it's green eyes looked at him sadly before he whined and lowered his head, ears drooping. It stiffened when it heard the crunching sound of Luka's steps, getting closer and closer until two arms encircled him into an embrace.

"You silly, how could I be scared of you?"

"I love you."