☀︎ m o m e n t s ☀︎

June 23rd.
4:46 a.m.

[Luka's POV]

I woke up in terror, my heart trying to beat out of my chest and my lungs feeling as if they were about to collapse as they struggled to get air into my body. Cold sweat soaked my clothes, making me feel confined as the wet material clung to my skin. I was in a daze, not being able to register anything as my head swam underwater.

It was the same one again.

The same damn nightmare.

Though I do have dreamless nights, those are often but spread out with countless days of nightmares that make me look back on those insomnia filled days.

It was of me. Dying.

Over and over and over down that fucking rooftop.

Looking back...I was going to die.

I would have...never opened my eyes again.

I cried silent tears as I slowly breathed, trying to calm my adrenaline pumped body, turning my body to lean into warm hands. Matteo had been awake as soon as I yelled out, trying to snap me out of my daze, something I only just realized.

No matter how much amnesia would magic away my emotional attachment to my memories, none of it would ever completely disappear. The sorrow wouldn't disappear, my frustration, my pain and the self-deprecating way I've lived my life. No amount of magic could do that, because they'd always come back to bite you in the ass.

But the pain I feel now is the pain I gave myself, the pain I caused myself. The pain I have from hating myself, the pain I have from lying to myself, and the pain I have from lying to others. From lying to Matteo. The pain he felt from my pain was my own pain too. I lied to my mate. I didn't trust my mate. I couldn't imagine how Matteo was coping with that, and all I wanted was to heal his wounds. It would take time for us to improve.

And we have plenty of time.

* * *

June 25th.
3:41 p.m.

"Matteo!" I yelled from the dining room table, hearing the front door click closed.

"Yeah?" he asked while walking into the room, wearing a soaked dark forest green hoodie. I guess it really was raining outside. His hood was sagging over his head, and his hair was a sopping mess, and if I hadn't heard the pitter patter of rain, then I would have definitely thought that he had jumped into a lake. I raised a brow, amused at his "godly" image.

"Did you send in my physics essay to Mr. Lark?"

"Yeah," he nods, shrugging off his book bag and slipping it over the corner of the chair. I thought it was silly that both Matteo, Denis, and Dr. Iris wouldn't let me go to school, and now school has already ended. Though, the principal let me take the chance to catch up during the summer...because of my "certain circumstances," so I've been doing school work from home now and been pretty much caught up. I was unbelievably bored...especially because my phone had been crushed under my weight the day he came here. Come on; my Wattpad password had been in there!

"What are you doing now?" Matteo asked curiously. I looked up from the laptop in front of me with a small smile.

"Trying to remember my Wattpad password—" a sharp thud echoed from the stairs, causing my words to die on my lips. I perplexedly turned around, seeing Liam walking out, flustered and ruffled as he shot me a strange glare. I slowly turned back around to continue chatting with Matteo, but even he was looking at me weirdly, eyes bugging out as if he couldn't believe something...oh.