s i x

March 25th.
3:17 p.m.

[Third Person POV]

"Hey, can you help me with my homework?"

Matteo chuckled lightly as he reached his arm over Luka, looking at his work. "Math, eh?" he asked, and Luka nodded cutely, his bright eyes looking up at him expectantly. Matteo scooted his butt across the grass and settled himself next to Luka, his chin dipping into the crook of Luka's neck as he laid his head on his shoulder and wrapped his warm hands around Luka's. He was absentmindedly surprised to find that they were calloused and felt as if they were a canvas of scars. Matteo didn't question the smaller boy and whispered into his ear, "So you're confused about this, huh? Well..." he continued and explained quietly. It wasn't long before Luka exclaimed loudly with triumph. As the trail ends of his voice finished echoing across the field, peace once again filled the silence between them. The wind gently brushed over the grass of the vast field and distantly could be heard the sounds of birds twittering and kids playing loudly a ways away from them.

With a sudden shift, Luka suddenly shoved off the school materials on his lap and stood up on his knees. Matteo looked on in confusion as he saw Luka shuffling his way in front of him but let out a muffled shock of surprise when Luka began pushing him against the tree and sliding himself onto his lap. "Wha-what are you doing?" Matteo stuttered. Luka ignored his question and wrapped his legs around his body, with his arms curled tightly around Matteo's neck, locking the bigger man into his embrace with a strength Matteo didn't know he had. Luka buried his head into his neck, inhaling deeply and tightening the hold on his mate even harder than before replying.

"...I wanted to hug you," he said quietly as he buried his face into the crook of his neck, and nuzzled him affectionately when he felt the man's arms curl around his waist and tug them even closer together. With a rock of their bodies, they moved back and forth, Matteo humming in contentment.

Left, right, left, right, left, right...