☁︎ o n e d a y ☁︎

Sweat flew off his body as his fist punched heavily into the punching bag in front of him. His heart was calm but his fists were angry as they landed with a whirr. Jab. Punch. Kick. With a final angry sweep of his leg, he placed his weight into his other leg and swept his leg swiftly into the battered punching bag, the chain connecting it to the ceiling clinking loudly while it was left to swing from the impact.

It was getting late.

He had to go soon.

Matteo will notice soon. It won't be long.

A loud whistle sounded behind the boy and he turned around to see a familiar face. "Daniel, what are you doing?"

"Just wonderin' what's gotten you all riled up like that, bud." he laughed while rubbing his shaved head. "Never seen a kid so devoted to kickboxing before, but you haven't been coming over lately as much. Something going on?" the boy only looked at the man coldly before looking away and replying.

"Busy with my studies. Have some tests coming up." Daniel laughed awkwardly at his cold response. "Are you always this silent and aloof outside of practice? God, if the day I see you prancing around in bright colors, I'll write myself off to Jesus..." the boy raised his brow.

"Don't do that."

"Huh?" the man scratched his head. "Oh, okay." his gaze trailed away when his eyes suddenly sharpened onto the mat under their feet.

"Hey, Luka. Are you okay? There's a trail of blood on the mat—"

"I tripped this morning. I broke my fall and tried to avoid falling onto the ground but got my arm cut on a shard of glass laying on the side of the road while I was skidding." he monotonously said. The man still looked worriedly at his small back as he walked steadily away but shook it off, grumbling about the blood he'll have to clean up.