Chapter 1

Note: The story will be mostly told in Monique's POV

I wake up to loud noises coming from the kitchen. I panic because I'm home alone and my boyfriend Marcus isn't supposed to be home until later. As I'm about to get out of the bed to investigate I hear foot steps in the hall and then I hear the bedroom knob turn. I quickly get under the covers and pretend to be sleeping. My heart is beating a mile a minute because I dont know who the hell could be in here or what they want. When the door swings open I hear the light switch and something gets set down on the dresser. I hear footsteps coming towards the bed and they stop right next to me. Then I hear "Good Morning Beautiful" ... It's Marcus. I start to breath again. I hadn't even realized I was holding my breath. I throw the covers off me and jump out of the bed and into his arms. "Baby it's you" I say with relief evident in my voice. "You nearly gave me a heart attack" He hugs me tight and says "I'm sorry babe, I was just trying to surprise you" he puts me down, rubs my cheek and then grabs my chin and just looks at me with a big smile on his face. I missed that smile I think to myself. "God I've missed you" he says. "I've missed you too" I say. "What are you doing home so early? I wasn't expecting you until later" He smiles at me and says "Well, I missed my girl so I took an earlier flight home to surprise her! And, I made her breakfast" I smile and say "Thank you."