Chapter 67

Bruno's POV

Wow Monique looked really beautiful. She was wearing a red mid length dress with a black mesh cover over it and some red heels. Wonder where she was going. "You look gorgeous." I say and pull her seat out so she can sit down. Then I take my seat. "So.... What's up?" She asks. She looks nervous. "Baby I..... I miss you." I say. She smiled then frowned. Why? "Look Bruno, I have some where I need to be in a little while so can you cut to the chase?" She said. Ouch that hurt. "Uh yeah sorry. I got a phone call today. Someone telling me that Jess isn't having my baby. That she drugged us both that night. She was setting me up. She wanted to break us up. It all makes sense. Why you felt sick so suddenly. Why I can't remember any of it. So you see baby, if Jess isn't having my baby we can still be together." I told her. She looked shocked.... then happy.... then sad again. Then her face just went blank. "Is there any proof in that? Or is it just an assumption? And even if it was true Bruno. You still hid the fact that you hung out with her all night and ended up in her bed." She said. She had a point. I frowned. "She reaches across the table and grabs my hand. "Look Bruno..... " that's all I hear. I know she's still talking but I don't hear her anymore. I'm too focused on the diamond ring I see on her finger. I hear that she stops talking and I look up at her. I guess she realized what I was looking at because she pulled her hand away. "You're back with Marcus?" I ask her. She looks down. "Why?" I ask. She sighs. "Bruno... Marcus and I..... I'm getting married tomorrow Bruno." I see her eyes start to water. My mouth is just hanging wide open. What the hell?

[End of POV]