Chapter 70

Bruno's POV continued

I get to Monique's and knock on her door. She answers pretty quick. I thought she would be sleeping but instead it looks like she's been crying. She looks at me and pulls me inside and closes the door. " Bru what are you doing here" she asks. "I came to apologize. I was a real jerk Monique I'm sorry." I say. She doesn't say anything she just looks at the ground. "Baby, why have you been crying?" I ask and lift her chin up so I can see her face. "You" was all she managed to say before she started crying again. I hug her. "I'm so sorry Monique, I never meant to hurt you." I wipe her tears and she starts to talk. "It just hurt that you could think that I was pretending to love you. Bruno I tried so hard not to fall in love with you but I did. And for you to think it was all fake. That hurt." She's still sobbing softly. "Baby I just said that because I was mad. I'm sorry. Monique,... please don't marry Marcus tomorrow. " I plead to her. "It' s too late Bruno. Besides, you don't even know if what that person told you is really true. That baby could very well still be yours." She says. She's right. "You're right. But even so, I'm still asking you not marry Marcus baby, pick me Monique. Say you'll marry me and we will make this work." I say to her and I show her the ring I had in my pocket. She hugs me and starts crying. "Bruno, I love you.... but I can't..... I'm sorry..... You have to go now." Is she for real? She opens the door and pushes me out. I don't even know what to say. I just leave.

[End of POV]