Chapter 15

The show in San Diego was a success. I got lots of great pictures. Now we were off to Phoenix, Arizona, my hometown. I was really excited because this meant I got to see my family. I hadn't been home for a while. Cali wasn't that far from home but I was always so busy with work. I know that sounds lame but it's true. When the flight landed we checked into the hotel and took our stuff to our rooms. Then we all met to get some food. After we ate I asked Bruno if it was okay if I went to see my family "Your family is here in Phoenix" he asked. "Uh yeah." I say. "How come you didn't tell me? We could have made arrangements for you to stay with them so you could have more time with them?" He says. "Uh, because you're my boss and I'm working remember? That's why I'm asking." I say. He frowns. Did I say something wrong? I hope not. "Your boss.... right. Monique I don't want you to think of me as just your boss. We're friends, right?" He asks. "Yeah I guess so." I say. He's still frowning. "Look if you ever need anything or want to do something please don't hesitate to ask okay?" He says. I hadn't realized he was holding my chin when he said that. I smiled. "Okay. I promise, I will." He let go of my chin and smiled at me. "So can I go then? I promise I will be back with plenty of time to spare before show time!" I say. "Of course, mind if I tag along?" He says. "Really?" I ask. "Yes really. Can I?" He asks again and I smile. "Of course you can Bruno." He smiles and says "Great! Let's do this."