Chapter 26

I wasn't able to get much sleep. When Marcus finally woke up it was almost noon. When he came into the living room he looked surprised to see me. "Hey babe. When did you get here?" He asked. Did he really not remember last night? "Yesterday afternoon. Marcus where were you all day? Better yet, all night?" I had to ask him. It was killing me. There's a reason we were on and off all those years. I thought he got out of those ways. "I'm sorry babe. You should have told me you were coming. I was with Josh, his wife left him and he needed me. I'm his best friend. I couldn't say no" he said. I instantly felt foolish for thinking he was up to no good. "Oh..... That's terrible." Is all I could say. "Yeah. He's pretty broken up about it." He says. "I'm glad your home." He kisses me. " Yeah, me too!" I smile at him. Something doesn't feel right. Marcus jumps in the shower and I'm sitting there just thinking. His phone goes off... I ignore it. Then it goes off again... And again. So I get up to look at it. "Ashley" I whisper. Who's that? I don't answer it. Then a text message comes in. I see the words flash on top of the screen.... 'Yesterday was amazing, let's do that again soon. Mwuah!' I gasp because I'm shocked. He lied to me. I put the phone down. Tears are rolling down my cheeks.